Hw do I see image instantly?

I was under the impression that Canon cameras would still write to the card...so even though the images are being written on the hard drive...you were still limited by the capacity of the card. I've haven't tried it...so I don't know.

I use this for Canon. It's called EOS Utility and it's packaged with DPP for free. It has an option in the preferences that allows you to copy them to the card and PC or just PC.

Why buy the D70 when you have a D50 also the D70 was discontinued I believe. The cameras are esentially the same thing aside from a couple functions and a wheel. The D-50 can do exactly what your saying through Nikon Camera Control which comes with Nikon Capture. The programis not too expensive.

The D50 is my own personal camera, this studio we're budgeting for is where I work...so would need to buy separate camera. I would like to just get another D50 since I'm familiar with it, but as it's 6.1 mpixels, I've heard I need to go up to 9 or 10 for what we're doing...website photos, as well as printed catalog stuff, and possibly larger stuff. Or have I heard wrong? Any recommendations as far as camera/lens setups for what we need to do, other than Nikon? (Shooting small/medium products.)

I do product shots for 2 local companies, only web stuff though no printed catalogs.
My Canon digital rebel is 8.1mp and it's plenty enough for everything I've done so far.
I'm a perfectionist also, and try to push all my shots to the limit and I've never had the thought yet that the 8.1mp isn't enough.

My clients are happy, my shots go into my portfolio that's a WIP (work in progress), and I only put my best stuff into a portfolio.
Of course higher MP can always improve your work, but I can't see an 8.1mp not being enough even for printed catalogs.

6.1 mp should be fine for cataloge work. I have printed shots up to 13x19 from my old D50 and find the results were fine even at close viewing distances. The D70 is also 6.1 mp. Unless your going to start printing really large stuff 6.1 should be fine. I have printed up to 13 x 36 and those pics look nice from about three feet.

the MPixels count doesnt have nearly as much to do with the quality as the sensor size / quality does on a DSLR. (Ie crop vs FF and minimum iso settings etc..)

You should know this if you are going to actually charge someone money to shoot their product... really !!

My old digital rebel 6mp from like 5 years ago can shoot the crap out of a 9mp point and shoot in terms of dynamic range. Why is that ? the sensor in the P&S is prob 1/3 the size of the one in the dig rebel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back