Hybrid Heron and some other flighty critters (pic heavy)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't seen this hybrid heron in 2 years, but it seems to have re-appeared at a State Park. Also a collection of other images from the past 48. Thanks for looking and comments welcome..

1 Little Blue X Tri-Color Heron Hybrid 9_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

2 Little Blue X Tri-Color Heron Hybrid 9_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

4 Little Blue X Tri-Color Heron Hybrid 9_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Hummingbird Blink High ISO 9_16 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 9_15 1 back lit by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

6 Just a gull, but it almost looks like a 3d computer model, lol
Gull 9_15 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Great Blue Heron 9_15 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Tree Swallow Heads up 9_14 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Tree Swallow Juvi 9_14 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Great set. I clicked on #6 for a closer look, very nice, exif says 1d mark iv (I was only looking at settings). Is that a new investment?

Those swallow pictures are just CRAZY. That is absolutely insane to be able to get a shot like that of a freakin' Swallow!
Anyone who can look at those pictures and not be in total awe has never seriously tried to photograph a swallow in flight.

Nice Kris. Thanks for posting 8 & 9 ;)

2&3 looks like the hybrid heron saw a hybrid human. Could that have been you? :1219:
Butter Cream Bokeh #6.
#5 is my Flava Fav!

Those swallow pictures are just CRAZY. That is absolutely insane to be able to get a shot like that of a freakin' Swallow!
Anyone who can look at those pictures and not be in total awe has never seriously tried to photograph a swallow in flight.

Haaaaa - I saw those yesterday. Isn't it and he crazy? I hope non bird photographers know what it takes to get those shots.

No I don't but Kris is one that gets me into the nature section once in awhile.

I love #5, getting the wingtips and the water spray; and 7, there's something about the sparkle of the sunlight, you caught that at just the right moment. Wonderful set.

Great set. I clicked on #6 for a closer look, very nice, exif says 1d mark iv (I was only looking at settings). Is that a new investment?
LOL, not really an investment. It just sort of happened.. Added a little more magic bird dust to pile today. | Photography Forum Later I found out it is the magic camera that was used to win the Audubon contest last year.. Yup I can still see the magic bird dust radiating of the camera :) I've always questioned the 7dM2 since the day I got it. After looking at the 1dm4 files, the 7dm2 went back to Canon today to see if they can fix it up..

Thanks Sharon! Not easy to say the least.. probably 400 frames or so to get a few in reasonable focus

Nice Kris. Thanks for posting 8 & 9 ;)
2&3 looks like the hybrid heron saw a hybrid human. Could that have been you? :1219:
Butter Cream Bokeh #6.
#5 is my Flava Fav!
LOL, thanks JR, appreciated!

No I don't but Kris is one that gets me into the nature section once in awhile.
I love #5, getting the wingtips and the water spray; and 7, there's something about the sparkle of the sunlight, you caught that at just the right moment. Wonderful set.
Thanks for the kind words!

Amazing! Especially the swallows skimming the water. I've spent a few hours attempting this with negative results. Very nicely done.

Super shots! I bet this would be the time of year to attempt getting pictures of the swallow's. They are finishing up their mating and getting ready to fly south. They are gorging from the hunger of defending their nests and for the long trip ahead. I bet if you zoom in on the original, you could possibly see the insect they are about to consume. #8 is an adult and #9 is a youngster born in may.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back