I am a beginner with my new Nikon D500 ..

You're right, it is a little hefty at 4.25 lbs. but like with most everything, there's a trade off. I'll keep looking for something lighter but I think we're pretty limited on our "cheap" choices here. If you run across anything, please let me know, thanks!
I think this is our one and only choice.. and everything i have learned about this monster besides the weight it is awesome

You're right, it is a little hefty at 4.25 lbs. but like with most everything, there's a trade off. I'll keep looking for something lighter but I think we're pretty limited on our "cheap" choices here. If you run across anything, please let me know, thanks!
I think this is our one and only choice.. and everything i have learned about this monster besides the weight it is awesome

Actually, someone recently mentioned the Sigma 150-500 to me but I would rather have something with a little more reach and at about the same weight ….. 4.25 vs 4.21 lbs. for the 150-500mm. The smaller tele lens is less expensive but with little price difference I want the 600mm. I'm tired of being jealous of other peoples photos and that's the truth.

Actually, someone recently mentioned the Sigma 150-500 to me but I would rather have something with a little more reach and at about the same weight ….. 4.25 vs 4.21 lbs. for the 150-500mm. The smaller tele lens is less expensive but with little price difference I want the 600mm. I'm tired of being jealous of other peoples photos and that's the truth.
always good to strive for better photos.. thats what it is all about in my mind.. i can see so many things wrong with a photo now that i couldn't see before .. and i know i have a long way to go to catch up to the competition.. with this lens or not.. because so many more factors come into it.. but yes a good lens means alot and it means you will have many glorious photos...AND won't that be so nice..!!.

Nikon, Sigma,and Tamron entered the long-zoom market fray with a total of IIANM, 5 lenses total... so do research on all five options..if my memory is correct, Sigma entered with TWO concurrent 150-600 models, and Tamron one, what is now referred to as their G1 offering, and now there is a Tamron 150-600 G2 model..Nikon entered a bit later, with a 200-500,VR-equipped, constant max. ap. f/5.6 model. of good quality at a "reasonable price".

Nikon entered a bit later, with a 200-500,VR-equipped, constant max. ap. f/5.6 model. of good quality at a "reasonable price".
That lens is priced below its quality rating. Something like a "loss leader". Don't know why.

well this was super informative ..just what i needed .. i have made my decision to send my tamron back to shop...it is still under warranty and then see if there is any problem with it.. once they look it over and repair if needed.. i will continue using this one.{ the18-400 tamron}. instead of a purchase of a monster lens.. As much as i desire one of these super zooms i don't feel i am ready for all the weight and changing the lens all the time since i also do so many photos that require close ups for my work on a daily basis..I still may look into getting a smaller lens with better shooting quality that i can use daily.. thanks for all these informative descriptions on various lenses .. it gave me such a vivid explanation of understanding..for now i will continue practice and shoot constantly until i am fully ready for the big guy...thanks again..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back