I am thinking of giving up University to become a Photographer

why isn't my equally inane thread getting as much response!

Jeesh, someone make me a mod and I'll can all the silly threads forever!

Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.png

Thank you all for your input, so what can I do while at university to work on my photography?

Uh....Dude your at a university and want to do portrait photography?? thats a cake walk! a camera and cheap strobes + college girls = the best nights of your life and belive it or not you will be learning more about photography as you shoot!

Thank you all for your input, so what can I do while at university to work on my photography?

This has got to be a piss take, you have a captive audience at Uni loads of good looking women wanting to pose

Well I am the shy and serious type. I can't imagine walking up to someone and saying, "Hey there, would you like to pose for me?"

then doubtful you have a future in portrait photography.

Well once I got past the 'Introduction / Get to know' phase my shyness disappears. Initial contact is the tough part.

Seriously.

Try going for a degree that might help you in the future

This is seriously good advice for any young person.

A BA is not the best choice for a degree in this day and age. Sure there is a job market for art directors and gallery curators but it's pretty small compared to science, health care, engineering, information, management, business, accounting, mathematics.....

The worldwide job market is screaming for well educated technology competent graduates. Pick a field that can pay the bills and offer you a comfortable lifestyle with which you'll have enough money to pursue passions and hobbies, educate your kids and provide for your early retirement.

Time for a reality check, life is not all fun and games seen through rose colored glasses.

This has got to be a piss take, you have a captive audience at Uni loads of good looking women wanting to pose

Well I am the shy and serious type. I can't imagine walking up to someone and saying, "Hey there, would you like to pose for me?"

If i were you i would sell all your camera gear and take up knitting you can do that on your own

guys, you are missing a thing. You DONT earn money from going to university, so he'll probably has a job or parents money etc. But on the other hand, try practicing photography combined with your university.

I've only been on this forum for a couple days now, but it just amazes me how many people don't actually READ any of the posts, just the OP and then comments. :gah:

Bad idea...

In short reply, STAY IN SCHOOL.

To become a pro it takes time(lots of it too) and photography usually stays as a hobby for years for many people. I haven't heard of a single person who decided to be a pro photographer and became profitable without years of practice and without tons of time to build a business.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back