My appreciation of other's work is independent from my own. Once again, she asked for advice and opinions and I offered both. They are comments of love, given in the hopes that she can improve her work. I wouldn't spend this much time with someone I don't think can improve. I am actually very impressed with "dog on porch", which I mentioned earlier, and "wicker chair" (please name or number to avoid confusion).
I both expect and appreciate the same kind of honesty with my work.
I am aware that I need to improve my own work. I have owned my 60D with the kit 18-200 for almost a year now and I'm sure it's still capable of taking better photographs than I am.
If you would like to discuss this further, please message me or start a new thread, so we can focus on helping dezzyrawrz in this thread.
I know - It's for her own good right?. She needs to develop thick skin right? Sure.
I can think of many different ways of telling someone that they need practice to improve.
"These images could be better, here's how you could improve these images"
"The subject matters you used are tough to make interesting, here's a few ideas to try"
"I can't say I like these images. Here's why"
Fact of the matter is, you added that your brain was filled with conceited greatness. That tells me only one thing. You think that your photography is great,
and you have this self entitled authority to put others down.
You don't want to be scrutinized and dissected publicly on a forum? Tell people their images are terrible in a condescending manner via PM. This is supposed to be a community!
I'm not saying that you have to agree with everyone, or like anything put up. Hell, I'm in an argument every other day in here. But I would never, EVER, come into a thread and just
drag someone through the mud especially if they are new just because I don't like their images. We are supposed to be helping each other reach our full potential not tearing each other down.
Be a member that people hope to see in their threads, not roll their eyes when they read your name and expect nonsense before they read your post.
They are all terrible. Trash can? Bus stop? Rock salt? If you can't grow facial hair, please don't try.
This is what an abusive spouse calls "love".