I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful, just beautiful. I even like the other parts of the shot the city below adds to it nicely with out taking away from the lightening bolt.

Everytime I go out to shoot lightening it's too darn close to me. We live in lightening alley, our house has been hit three times in five years so I'm not taking any chances. So needless to say I 'm green with envy.

Awesome shot Scott!!! The wait was well worth it, It's PERFECT :)

You're always allowed to celebrate your photographic accomplishments here; it's in the TPF Book of Rules. :mrgreen:

Great exposure - very dramatic! I'd be proud of that one, too! :D

spiralout said:
Nikon D70 w/ 18-70mm lens @18mm
ISO 200
13 seconds @f/5 with 2-stop ND filter

Wow, 13 seconds at F5, that's incredible !! Did you get any noise at all?
I just got my D70 + kit lens and was playing with low-light exposures at home, but have been sorely disappointed so far, even with the Long Exposure NR turned on. I still need to tweak things some more, am a digital newbie.

Miki said:
Wow, 13 seconds at F5, that's incredible !! Did you get any noise at all?
I just got my D70 + kit lens and was playing with low-light exposures at home, but have been sorely disappointed so far, even with the Long Exposure NR turned on. I still need to tweak things some more, am a digital newbie.

I was surprised myself at how little noise there was. There's some noise visible in the sky in the original file, but not near as much as I expected. When I resized the noise was almost invisible. I think the sky was too dark to show that much noise.

I sat on top of a parking garage...

Great shot but um.. is the top of a parking structure that looks higher then all the stuff nearby then it the best spot to stand in a lightning storm =p

But definitly worth it for that shot!

What did you do? Run at the first sign of rain? :lmao:

We haven't had rain practically the whole month of June. It rains one day and Scott comes home with this picture. It's sick. Sick I say! :mrgreen:

Ok. It's great, not sick. Really, really wonderful capture.

nothing exciting? that is a brilliant shot, i would love to take one like that, but we don't get enough of it here.

that is an amazing shot. i hope to take a picture of lightning too one day. someone should make a tutorial about it...

Most reactions

Back