I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
*dances insane monkey dance* I finally captured lightning!!!! Woohoo! Sorry guys, I know I've already posted multiple times today, but this absolutely could NOT wait. :p I sat on top of a parking garage for well over 50 minutes before I finally got a decent lightning shot. I know, there's nothing exciting other than the lightning, but I'm proud of it. :mrgreen:

DSC_8055.jpg

you have premission to post as many images as you'd like if they look this awesome! ;)

Nice shot. Love the detail and the exposure. I was excited from my first decent lightning shot, too.

Wow!!! Amazing shot... I don't know what else to say.

You have all reason to be wanting to show us this one right away: it is awesome. I have NEVER so far managed to capture lightning. (Not that I have tried much, either, plus we get only few electrical storms). But if I were you, I have done as much a happy dance as you did! Congratulations!

Thanks Jon and everyone else! I played with settings almost the entire time I was up there and I really learned a ton. Man, the feeling when you see a huge flash of lightning during your exposure, when you know you captured it perfectly... exhilarating! There are a couple other spots in Houston that I know of that are even better than this one during a lightning storm; I'm definitely going to hit those up soon.

A most excellent capture. Good detail in the building and the lighting strike, without blowing out the highlights in any of it. Just remember, when the lighting is so bright that you can't shut your fstop down any more.... it's too darn close. :D

Mike

Brilliant, man !!!
The wait definitely paid off - great exposure too.

Yeah - I hate saying "great shot", it's a bit lame..... but.... great shot! Looks like it was a biggie as well.

Rob

iSellJerseyShore said:
What were your Camera/Settings for this shot?

-iSellJerseyShore

Nikon D70 w/ 18-70mm lens @18mm
ISO 200
13 seconds @f/5 with 2-stop ND filter

It took me a while to get it just right. ;)

Good exposure and very impressive shot! Be proud, be very proud. :mrgreen:

The only real time I tried to get lightning I ended up recording the light trails of a limo as it went round a bend. :mrgreen:

Killerrrrrr shot Scott. Very awesome.!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back