I don't want to rant...

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't want to rant and complain, so I listen to Bob Marley. If he doesn't make me feel better, nothing will other than medication :)

What do you do to chill out when you're feeling irritable and cranky?

I pick at my husband!
Only disadvantage is that he no longer lives at home during the week, so the weekends must turn into "Pick-at-husband-days" ;).

No, honestly: music often is the "medicine" of choice. I listen to a different kind, but ... music it is!

(And psst: I eat...)

I pick at my husband!
Only disadvantage is that he no longer lives at home during the week, so the weekends must turn into "Pick-at-husband-days" ;).

No, honestly: music often is the "medicine" of choice. I listen to a different kind, but ... music it is!

(And psst: I eat...)

What sort of music!? I'm very curious. I don't usually listen to Bob Marley either (I'm a rocker :) ), I think that's why his music has such a strong effect on me.

I like to take it out on everyone around me. heh j/k
I listen to fingerstyle guitar. Al Petteway, Martin Simpson, Steven Baughman, Tommy Emmanuel, Andy McKee.
Check out a couple of my youtube playlists:

And more Celtic styled guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's purely classical music I listen to...

I have a few avenues when stressed... (in no particular order)

1) Listen to some Pink Floyd, it's just incredibly centering for me, especially Distant Sound of Thunder, Wish You Were here and Momentary Lapse of Reason

2) Play a computer game to engage my mind and distract me until I'm no longer stressed.

3) Listen to music that resets my mood like Bob Marley, the soundtract to Across The universe, or Blue Man Group.

4) Work on my backlog of raw files awaiting my attention. Sifting through shoots to get a great picture out really changes my mood.

For me:
music - classical music is a great way, though I also listen to a lot of Celtic (old and new age) such as Enya which is often very calming.

After that computer games are good for stress relief - either a shooter for fast anger relief or a strategy and rule the world type game (then the world is yours!)

I spaz and have a mental breakdown...I take it out on everyone around me...I'm generally not fun to be around while stressed :p

Music is also on the top of the list for me, at least at work. Pink Floyd like Reebo, Enya like Overread (and Clannad).
BTW that link to Andy Mckee is great... and I cannot find my Bob Marley CD... :(

When at home I spend some time with my son. That's almost always a good cure for stress.

Like pretty much everyone else said, Music.

My Morning Jacket, The Decemberists, and Bright Eyes are at the top of my list. Dethklok is also good for relieving anger.

To relax, I go listen to a nice lyrical piece by Anton Webern (Classical joke for Mitica and Corinna).
(Non classical-nerds can just ignore me)
(Everyone else does)

Don't you mean Delicate Sound of Thunder?

Hmm, music mainly i guess - sometimes mellow stuff to pull you in and take you somewhere else (pink floyd, kate bush, randy newman, cat power, joanna newsom). Sometimes stuff i love to sing out loud (U2, Fleetwood Mac, Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

Other than music i might take the dog a walk and get some thinking time and feel better for taking the dog out and letting him jump about in the sea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back