I don't want to rant...

I have an amazing recording of Marley live in Santa Cruz in 1979.

To relax, I go listen to a nice lyrical piece by Anton Webern (Classical joke for Mitica and Corinna).
(Non classical-nerds can just ignore me)
(Everyone else does)

I prefer Shoenberg... :) I remember I tried to teach some classical appreciation to my gf, so I took her to a free concert at the university. I get there and find out its on the Second Vieneese School. It took me months just to reverse the damage done (she still doesn't like it).

I for one don't find classical relaxing. Its very powerful, IMO. And what there is that's mellow usually makes me sad. Classical never dulls my emotions, it always makes them stronger. But Bob... he's happy-go-lucky most of the time

"One lovvvve... One liiiiife"

Music...yes
Games...no
Meditation...yes
but most importantly...

[video=youtube;8hLQCA2h8kA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8hLQCA2h8kA"]Tequila[/video]...YES

Well, now that the skin has been broken.....

[video=youtube;GUts9kbr9Eg]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUts9kbr9Eg"]Clicky[/video]

It's not the New Riders of the Purple Sage, but those who know, get the joke.

Well, now that the skin has been broken.....

Clicky

It's not the New Riders of the Purple Sage, but those who know, get the joke.

For some reason I always think of Yosemite Sam when I hear that.

I don't want to rant and complain, so I listen to Bob Marley. If he doesn't make me feel better, nothing will other than medication :)

What do you do to chill out when you're feeling irritable and cranky?

I compose or play music. That always relaxes me.

Hehehe it's reflected in my compositions too.

If I'm feeling REALLY stressed out I break out one of the guns or bows and do some target practice. We have an indoor range so it's pretty convenient.

But I'm a super mellow person. I almost never feel stressed or get upset. I don't think I've been angry in years.

I typically go for a nice long drive and listen to some music, Ministry of Sound Chillout Sessions number 7 is a wonderful thing!

For some reason I always think of Yosemite Sam when I hear that.

Hmm, I never think about that.

I like to put on a movie if I'm stressed. Or go to the bar with some friends.

Plain and simple, I sit down behind my drums. If my neighbors piss me off, I piss them off A WHOLE LOT WORSE! LOL

$tamatime.jpg

I don't want to rant and complain, so I listen to Bob Marley. If he doesn't make me feel better, nothing will other than medication :)

What do you do to chill out when you're feeling irritable and cranky?

4 words: Crown Royal and Music. If I'm feeling aggressive, it's old school hardcore punk (circa 1970's and 1980's). If I'm feeling mellow, it's Miles Davis, Bob Marley or Stick Figure (GREAT Reggae band now out of San Diego). I also like to walk with my Bose headphones on.

I sit outside and let mother natures energy calm me down by meditating ..

Run something through the headphones: ZZ Top, Tom Petty, The Who, Stan Rogers (Barrett's Privateers, The Idiot, Night Guard, etc.) Bagpipes (NOT a piobaireachd) - anything that cranks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back