I found my working lighthouse but.....

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, Assateague lighthouse was about 4-5 hours drive from home so went there. TO my surprise, there wasn't much of a room for the night shot I wanted to get. There's a daytime shot down below. The park closes at 10pm and there was a side street where we could take some pics from and we drove in, and out of no where, flashes of lights come my way quickly, with a dog and a flashlight in my face, with one hand on his gun just incase, screaming "what are you doing here?!?" I take my hands out showing him my camera "I'm trying to take a long exposure shot of this" which he didn't care about obviously! He took my licenese and registration, which took about 10-15 mins. Thought I'd try off my dashboard to get a shot while he's writing me a $500 ticket (as he pointed at a handicap sign beside us). And I'm thinking "damnit! I could have bought a lens with that money instead of a damn ticket!" Took the shot, of course my windshield was dirty so that didn't work. Eventually he came back and was a little more calm and said "well, you guys shouldn't be here, its restricted but its ok, there's no ticket or anything, but you'll have to go out of here at this time. The park is open until 10pm because of the beach so you are welcome to go there or other parts" and we chatted for 2 mins and he was a cool ranger.

Again, here's a daytime shot I took earlier from the limited space available, (this is probably not the best shot I have of it as I have more) it's mostly surrounded by trees so I couldn't get the perfect night shot I had pictured in my head. We found others which we'll go to next weekend (about 6 hours from here) and hopefully get better shots.

AssateagueIsland082.jpg

glad you didnt get a ticket. We can go in the state parks here after hours just not to park. People fish off the piers all night. Did the guy think you were there to steal the lighthouse or what?!

And I'm thinking "damnit! I could have bought a lens with that money instead of a damn ticket!"
Well now you can buy that lens with the money you saved from not having to pay the ticket. Sometimes things just work out.

I know right Ryan?? He was cool though said we could park on the other side and walk through the trail there which is a little more then 1/2 mile long. But it was pitch black dark out and we had no flash lights. He said "I can tell ur not from around here haha" I'm like nope!

Swiss ya either that or a nice strobe set :)

Most reactions

Back