I hate me!

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not one for frames, black and whites, selective color, or branding... With that said I present my latest images.

5143079607_6d9798cbb0_z.jpg

5142960943_3cfeca77c0_z.jpg

Lose the SC, and you have two amazing photos.

Pure Innocence now.

First image is nice, slightly too much tilt, but not too bad.

The second image...well, she looks a bit possessed.

The processing on these is pretty nice, they have a very old look to them, which is cool

First image is nice, slightly too much tilt, but not too bad.

The second image...well, she looks a bit possessed.

The processing on these is pretty nice, they have a very old look to them, which is cool

Lol.my thoughts when I saw the SC on the eyes in the first.

She does have that innocence meets Evil in her.its very cool. When she is someone elses child:lol:

I really dislike the background rendering of that lens on the first shot...very "hashy" and jarring bokeh, just pulls me eye toward the background and makes her photo look bad. The second frame's background rendering is also bad; it looks like you did some type of quick cloning tool work or something.

As to the overall "look" of these...I'm just not feeling it...these photos seem too artificially "severe", for lack of a better word...it's hard to pinpoint exactly what that entails, but the tones appear white,mid-tone,and then very dark...there just does not seem to be much nuance...and her expressions are well, sort of that 1980's style neo-realism downer look...

As far as branding goes, I like the way the images are marked on the digital matte, and NOT on the image itself. I think a 1:1:1: to 1.5 unit white digital matte effect would look better than the current 1:1:1:1 matte proportions on these. More space, 1.5 units of white, at the bottom of the images, would "visually anchor" these tall images, and make them look better.

Most reactions

Back