I live in Corpus Christi and there are NO real photography stores here

I feel sorry for all of you, my local store is a Nikon and Leica dealer, look behind the counter

20140125_144146-XL.jpg

It seems that Internet selling killed off many camera stores.

Brick and mortar store can't show you a camera that you can get for 300 bucks less online and expect to stay in business. You go look at the camera, you like it, you walk out and go home to the computer and order it.

What used to be a very nice, very knowledgeable camera store here still exists, but only as a portrait studio.

It seems that Internet selling killed off many camera stores.

Brick and mortar store can't show you a camera that you can get for 300 bucks less online and expect to stay in business. You go look at the camera, you like it, you walk out and go home to the computer and order it.

What used to be a very nice, very knowledgeable camera store here still exists, but only as a portrait studio.

I remember those Sears Olan Mills portrait studios
unfortunately neither still exists (in a recognizable form)

I'm just telling the truth cloud.many new photographers nowadays are gear heads. I'm not one of them still have my 2003 computer

Honestly, I think a lot of gear heads pretend to be photographers.

I am a gear head but I am a photographer first. I love gear, but imaging comes first in my books.
I own more cameras than just about anybody else on this forum, but that's because I like fiddling with things (and before you say "yeah, right..." I'm talking 50+ working SLR's and 25+ DSLR's plus full lens suites for Nikon, Canon and i'm building up my Sony E lenses now.

Know what I've found? By and large, gear doesn't matter to the final image. I can take the same picture (quality wise) with my D4, my D700, my D40, my Rebel 5TI, my Sony A6000, or my 6D. What really matters most is the glass.

Somebody shoud tell Clodwaker that age discrimination and prejudice are not pretty. Those Old Fogies were using computers in World War 2, (analog), put men on the moon with Mickey Mouse but effective computers and did and do things you will never even understand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back