I live in Corpus Christi and there are NO real photography stores here

johnh2005

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I search for Photography Stores Corpus Christi, I get Walgreens, HEB (The local grocery store) and the lone Best Buy we have. While I did buy my camera at Best Buy (it was actually the best buy!) their selection is VERY limited and the knowledge of all but two employees is just sad...

With that said, I am looking into heading to either Houston or San Antonio to go to a couple of good camera stores to get some hands on time with some equipment. Anyone from either of those two places know of any good stores to go to?

Also, anyone in the Corpus Christi area interested in getting together to go shooting? I am very new to photography so I would probably learn a lot from just about any one =) There is one camera club here and they have their own forums. They have 6 members and ONLY the moderator has posted on their forums.

Just reply to this thread or shoot me a PM. Thanks!

I know how you feel. All I have is london drugs.

I live just about 30 minutes north of CC... I do the majority of my shopping online. :(

Sad. The camera store in my city I deal with is usually higher than online plus charges me taxes. I usually offer them my business 1st, many times they come close and I purchase from them anyway.

It seems that Digital killed off many camera stores.
I don't understand why though. You think after making cameras more user friendly more people are using cameras. Wouldn't that up the sales.

I don't understand why though. You think after making cameras more user friendly more people are using cameras. Wouldn't that up the sales.

User friendly for who? There's a whole segment of the population that is dropping photography alltogether when their film cameras die. That's the seniors. A few of them can figure out computers, most spend more time getting them fixed when there's nothing wrong or looking for their e-mail that was never sent, etc. so, do you really think they can figure out their digital cameras?

Most of those people will not replace their film cameras by digital ones and the few that do will probably never buy an accessory for it if they have the slightest problem figuring out how to use the darn thing.

The other big problem that is causing real photo stores to disappear is that people are always looking for the cheapest price, service be damned. I tend to give my money to local businesses whenever possible even if it costs me a bit more but like the OP, there was no real photo store in my town of Augusta, GA so I had to shop thru the internet or watch CL Atlanta. We can't have our cake and eat it too. :(

Well I meant development wise. No need to know how to develope films just print with the right printer. I think the problem is more warranty. People don't need to get their cameras fixed at a store because warranty covers it. Usually when the 3 year warranty is over they upgrade

houston camera coop is good for canon or nikon. there is also houston camera exchange which has a big selection.

EBAY killed the camera store, not digital. This forum killed the camera store too. i say this cause you can order anything you need online and get good reviews of the equipment online. And many places have forums where you can get more advice on photography. so you dont really need the camera store.

Well I meant development wise. No need to know how to develope films just print with the right printer. I think the problem is more warranty. People don't need to get their cameras fixed at a store because warranty covers it. Usually when the 3 year warranty is over they upgrade

Really? Still have some cameras that are over 20 years old... Should I get rid of them because the warranty ran out? Good luck with your photo business.

EBAY killed the camera store, not digital. This forum killed the camera store too. i say this cause you can order anything you need online and get good reviews of the equipment online. And many places have forums where you can get more advice on photography. so you dont really need the camera store.

Really? Do you even know how to tell good advice from bad right here on TPF? I doubt it. Now, let's talk about delivery time. Can you really afford to wait for the two day delivery of this important piece of gear you absolutely need when you factor in the costs of the studio space not being used, the model, the MU artist, etc etc? Do you really like to pay for the privilege to work?

Good luck with you business model.

Really? Still have some cameras that are over 20 years old... Should I get rid of them because the warranty ran out? Good luck with your photo business.

Really? Do you even know how to tell good advice from bad right here on TPF? I doubt it. Now, let's talk about delivery time. Can you really afford to wait for the two day delivery of this important piece of gear you absolutely need when you factor in the costs of the studio space not being used, the model, the MU artist, etc etc? Do you really like to pay for the privilege to work?

Good luck with you business model.

Holy Thread Hijack Batman!

I just wanted to go and put my hands on some stuff to play with to see what I might be interested in...

Thank you Breaux, I will give them a try when/if I get up that way.

Thank you as well DiscoJoe. I will look them up as well.

Anyone know of any places in San Antonio?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back