I may be the most confused photo student ever...derp

@ gsgary and ann:

Go into a 5th grade class learning about fractions before you start getting all butthurt. I never said you guys cant take photos, just that you dont know basic math.

A TEST!

Which is a larger number: 1/50 or 1/51

I don't need to do a test i use maths most days
Id be afraid if you were my accountant.

@ gsgary and ann:

Go into a 5th grade class learning about fractions before you start getting all butthurt. I never said you guys cant take photos, just that you dont know basic math.

A TEST!

Which is a larger number: 1/50 or 1/51

I don't need to do a test i use maths most days
Id be afraid if you were my accountant.

I had a nice big cheque off the tax man last year :sexywink: treated myself to some nice L lenses

I can't even begin to imagine how helpful these posts have been to the OP.

isn't that the truth :thumbup:

I am sorry to the op, but this photocist is rude, rude, rude, perhaps that comes with being a math wiz

I am sorry to the op, but this photocist is rude, rude, rude, perhaps that comes with being a math wiz
LoL thanks.

@gsgary: isnt it awesome when the government gets to fund your hobbies?! helped me pay for my shiny new tripod ;)

i didn't find photocist rude. his response made perfect sense. must be something in the water.

I'm sure the OP loved Photocist's initial response of "Im surprised you cant answer this!". I mean who doesn't like to feel stupid for asking a question?? I'm sure the OP can't wait to ask another question after a response like that.

The best was his response that it's "not my fault people are stupid". With responses like that, it's obvious his primary goal is to help fellow forum members increase their photography skills. After all, nothing encourages learning like being told your're stupid. :thumbup:

****Sits back to anxiously awaiting the quick witted, chest beating, I'm the smartest guy in the room response that let's everyone know he is the alpha male of TPF*****

Wow! what was the question?

I'm sure the OP loved Photocist's initial response of "Im surprised you cant answer this!". I mean who doesn't like to feel stupid for asking a question?? I'm sure the OP can't wait to ask another question after a response like that.

The best was his response that it's "not my fault people are stupid". With responses like that, it's obvious his primary goal is to help fellow forum members increase their photography skills. After all, nothing encourages learning like being told your're stupid. :thumbup:

****Sits back to anxiously awaiting the quick witted, chest beating, I'm the smartest guy in the room response that let's everyone know he is the alpha male of TPF*****
Gotta respond.

My initial comment was not intended to be rude. If you read his first post, he seems to state that he knows WHAT the iso does, yet he cannot figure out that raising the iso would reduce shutter speed, though, if I may quote:
I was taking portraits today, and I still dont fully understand exposure (which makes me so embarrassed).
This is how I understand it, and please help correct me or explain better if Im wrong:
Besides adjusting the light meter to change exposure, you can change the ISO and aperture.
The bigger the aperture is (smaller the number) the bigger the lens opening is meaning more light comes in.
The ISO is the sensitivity to light.
So when I was taking pictures today, at f5.6 and 200 ISO when correctly exposed in the light meter, the exposure time was too long and all my pictures were blurry. Is there anything I could do besides carrying around lights so my exposure times aren't as long and pictures dont come out blurry?
traylor, you are an idiot. I am assuming you didnt read every post in detail or you would understand.

Gotta respond.

My initial comment was not intended to be rude. If you read his first post, he seems to state that he knows WHAT the iso does, yet he cannot figure out that raising the iso would reduce shutter speed, though, if I may quote:
I was taking portraits today, and I still dont fully understand exposure (which makes me so embarrassed).
This is how I understand it, and please help correct me or explain better if Im wrong:
Besides adjusting the light meter to change exposure, you can change the ISO and aperture.
The bigger the aperture is (smaller the number) the bigger the lens opening is meaning more light comes in.
The ISO is the sensitivity to light.
So when I was taking pictures today, at f5.6 and 200 ISO when correctly exposed in the light meter, the exposure time was too long and all my pictures were blurry. Is there anything I could do besides carrying around lights so my exposure times aren't as long and pictures dont come out blurry?
traylor, you are an idiot. I am assuming you didnt read every post in detail or you would understand.

Come on Photocist...I'm surprised you can't provide a better comeback than this!!

I read all your posts genius, and I noticed you elected to post the items where you provide useful information. Funny how you neglected to posts the comments that I originally quoted...hmmm I wonder why.

Tell you what genius...the next ten times someone in the real world asks you a question respond with your "I'm surprised you can't answer this" quote. See how that works out for you, and let me know who the real idiot is.

Welcome to the wonderful world of ignore Photocist...it's obvious you and I have nothing civil to say to one another..

I apologize to the OP and everyone else in this thread.

Well... The OP did basically answer his own question in the first post...

He knew that he needed a faster shutter speed to eliminate the blur he was getting, and he knew that ISO was the light sensitivity. He also knew that he needed more light to enable him to use faster shutter speeds.

He just didn't make the connection that increasing the ISO is essentially a way of adding light.

I've always wondered why it was called shutter speed. Shutter duration is much more appropriate.

i find it rude to be called stupid

and then treated as a child

Most reactions

Back