I may have a problem.

PhotoriousMe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the first time I put my 14mm Nikon PK-12 extension tube on my D7100 with 85mm Nikon Micro lens. Camera is set to A mode. Info screen and viewfinder screen both show an F stop of 0 and will not allow me to change it. Am I missing something here?

Dave

I may be wrong, but I thought extension tubes/rings are for use on non--CPU lenses. Like I said, I may be wrong.....

You may be right. I don't see any contact points on the PK12 to transfer the information from the lens to the camera. I think I purchased the wrong tube. I guess I could use it in full manual mode.

Dave

Yeah extension tubes without any metal contacts tend to be very cheap but for any lens controlled by electronics they are a pain as, as you've found, you lose aperture control. I'm unaware of there being any trick to getting the blades to close to what you want (there is a trick with Canon lenses but far as I'm aware it does not work for Nikon).

Yup your right except this was a Nikon tube so wasn't cheap unfortunately. Guess I can send it back.

Dave

there is a trick with Canon lenses but far as I'm aware it does not work for Nikon
I use that trick when I reverse my lenses. Even with the trick, it's a pain in the arse.

If you can send them back and get the 'right' ones, I'd highly suggest it. :smile:

I mostly see people using the Kenko extension tubes, I think a set of those is around the price of one Nikon extension tube.

I mostly see people using the Kenko extension tubes, I think a set of those is around the price of one Nikon extension tube.
Yep, and they allow for full metering, AF and work very well, and are also well built. One of the few exceptions where buying third party is actually better than name-brand.

Yep, and they allow for full metering, AF and work very well, and are also well built. One of the few exceptions where buying third party is actually better than name-brand.
Your website is down.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WP in D:\inetpub\vhost\johnsphotography.ca\httpdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\class-wp.php on line 8

Most reactions

Back