I need a little help with one photo

HeyGod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!
So here's my problem...
I wanted to make a present - to frame one picture.
The picture is the famous "Heart of Voh",but the problem is that I couldn't find a poster,so I decided to go to the photo studio and make one copy of the picture I found in google.Unfortunatelly the picture doesn't have a good resolution,only 800x500 and I think that it wouldn't look very well in a big size.
So If anyone can help me find the Heart of Voh in better resolution,I will be grateful.
http://i.data.bg/07/11/15/663403_orig.jpg - here's the picture
Thank you in advance.

Ok,I will take the risk.
They can write me a personal message with a link ...
I was going to buy the poster,but there were no left copies ... so I can't wait for the next time the "Earth from Above" will be here ... So there is only one option.
You say - "violate" ... well there was someone that have uploaded them on some websites,isn't that a violation too ?
Oh yes ... and it's a present,I won't sell freshly-made copies of the Heart of Voh ...
Sorry If I sound a bit nervous,but I wasn't very happy when I understood that there are no posters ...

Br,heygod

Yes it is a violation for someone to post a high res copy without permission, but that doesn't relieve you of liability. The sheer fact that you come on a photo forum full of photographers who put the blood sweat and tears into their work, and ask for help in ripping off another photographer's work, just doesn't sit well. I'm sorry you can't find the poster anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's ok to steal it. You wouldn't steal it from a store would you?

That is extremely dishonest, it may not be right for someone to post that photo on their website but printing it out is even worse. If the resolution in 800x500 you'll never be able to print it much bigger than 4"x2" anyway. Why don't you just find a new present?

jeeeze.. all hes asking for is a picture to give as a present.. its not like its going to be resold a million times... dont be so harsh.

So you dont mind if people start downloading your photos and giving them as presents without paying you?

jeeeze.. all hes asking for is a picture to give as a present.. its not like its going to be resold a million times... dont be so harsh.

Thank you,that is exactly what I meant.

Yes, they came across as harsh, but only becuase you initially did not know where they are coming from.

In as unharsh a manner as possible, I would want to suggest that you keep looking for somewhere you may purchase it.

You are looking to use a picture created by someone else without compensating them nor even asking them for their permission.

This is called copywrite infringement and yes, it is at it's most basic... stealing.

If one day you get a photograph that you are proud of, and someone uses for their needs, and you find out... you will feel just as violated as the artist who took this picture initially.

That is all that they are trying to tell you and all they are wanting to convey. In short, just becuase you can, doesn't make it morally or legally right.

I wish you good luck in your search for the poster.

Check this link to see if they would send the poster to you. That's a website where Yann Arthus Bertrand sells posters of his work for a very reasonable price. That way you stay legal and get a good quality poster. Hope that helps.

Ok,I will take the risk.
They can write me a personal message with a link ...
I was going to buy the poster,but there were no left copies ... so I can't wait for the next time the "Earth from Above" will be here ... So there is only one option.
You say - "violate" ... well there was someone that have uploaded them on some websites,isn't that a violation too ?
Oh yes ... and it's a present,I won't sell freshly-made copies of the Heart of Voh ...
Sorry If I sound a bit nervous,but I wasn't very happy when I understood that there are no posters ...

Br,heygod

Somebody ought to '*****-slap' you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back