I need advice and help please on my photos thanks!

Andrew Parsons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum and have a new website I just uploaded all my photos to. I used Viewbook. I highly recommend this website for any photographer.

Any questions, advice or comments are welcome. And not just on the layout of the site but of the photos as well. I need to refine the site so I can use it as a portfolio and resume. Thanks in advance guys!

Andrew Parsons

home

Im not a fan of that site company it just dosn't look that professional for the cost, you need to buy their top of the line service to just remove their logo from your page so its 30 a month. Here is the site Im working on currently, its far from done I still need to do a few more shoots to get my real portfolio for the site but you'll get the idea. Creative Motion Design is 100 for a year but you do have to pay for the site but its much better looking and more features. They have several diff style sites at diff prices. Mine is 220 for the template then like I said 100 a year but thats still cheaper then your site for just a year. I still havnt added my actual .com address yet, I was waiting to finish it. I'd suggest cutting down your albums to just your best 10-20 best photos, you have alot of filler shots (not that mine are the best lol). You want your clients to have the biggest wow factor your work can provide in every photo they see not every 6 photos or they will get bored after a couple down and stop.

my site
http://moore9606.c3.cmdwebsites.com/

Last edited:
I think it's great that you are willing to put yourself out there for some C&C. I'm OK with the site itself. I think the separate gallery links work better than the "Photos" link.

When you have too many repeating photos it looks like you can't decide and it gets over diluted. I agree with the 1st post. Only do the best of the best and just 1!

I think the hardest part for any photographer is defining their own style. What are you trying to accomplish as a photographer? I see set design photos, book covers, Gnomes, portraits....

I think you are off to a great start, I would concentrate on quality shots as opposed to quantity.

Best of luck!

Im not a fan of that site company it just dosn't look that professional for the cost, you need to buy their top of the line service to just remove their logo from your page so its 30 a month. Here is the site Im working on currently, its far from done I still need to do a few more shoots to get my real portfolio for the site but you'll get the idea. Creative Motion Design is 100 for a year but you do have to pay for the site but its much better looking and more features. They have several diff style sites at diff prices. Mine is 220 for the template then like I said 100 a year but thats still cheaper then your site for just a year. I still havnt added my actual .com address yet, I was waiting to finish it. I'd suggest cutting down your albums to just your best 10-20 best photos, you have alot of filler shots (not that mine are the best lol). You want your clients to have the biggest wow factor your work can provide in every photo they see not every 6 photos or they will get bored after a couple down and stop.

my site

Not bad. Great photos!

You might want to change the "a" to "an" in the phrase, "...used in a ad..." on your page about you.

my site

Not bad. Great photos!

You might want to change the "a" to "an" in the phrase, "...used in a ad..." on your page about you.

lol thanks, writing is not my strong point :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back