A quick update on the conversion of RAW to .jpeg: Still converting! 68 of 181 as I post.
Secondly, I would like to apologize for the poor grammar in my previous post. That's a great example of why I shouldn't be posting before I've had coffee.
pbelarge: The overwhelming
joy of finishing the wedding didn't really hit me until yesterday afternoon while I was at lunch between classes with friends. I made the formal announcement while we were sitting at the table. Good laughs were made and shared! One of my guy friends at the table is getting married in October, and I told him to please be gentle to their photographer and to not freak out about how much it will cost because just shooting the wedding is a really tough job, plus there is a lot of work before and after the actually photography.
myfotoguy: Photos are coming soon! I can't wait to share them with everyone! There is one shot in particular that I absolutely love, and the pose and lighting were my ideas. I did have a great time, just wish I would've had more sleep the night before. I was up until 3:30 AM working on a web site that was due on Saturday and was up for the day at 6:30 AM--yes, 3 hours of sleep, and I didn't have anything to eat until around 6 PM. It was hot, and I was running around both on feet and in my vehicle with no AC. Fun times.
Cedar: The bride (the one who owned the studio) also did a lot of photography outside the studio. She also shot weddings, bar mitzvahs, recitals, schools, everything. I've seen her work, and it's impressive. It was the friend who worked for her that I had a problem with, and also that I was misinformed of her experience. To tell you the truth, I would have been better off on my own. This friend of the bride's also brought along tripods, Alien Bee lighting, flashes, stands, umbrellas, lenses (that I thought I would be able to use since we were both shooting Canon), she was shooting with a Canon 20D, and the whole shebang. I was shooting with my Canon EOS Rebel XS, the kit lens, and whipped out my telephoto lens when we were shooting at the mall. I also didn't really use my flash unless the bride was overly insistent that I use my on-board flash (which I HATE on-board flashes). I prefer to work with what I have available to me and go from there.