I swear that time has stopped....

My sister is VERY lucky I no longer live at home.

However, I don't think i'd be half as bad as my Dad.

I would make any boy she brought home feel like a complete dumbass though.

good luck tomorrow! now I'm confused! I thought that it may be twins... but then ... I mean now I think it might be a girl... we will see... we wanna see!!!!

AlisonPower said:
Ugh....that whole test is awful. Whose idea was it to tell a pregnant woman that she has to fast and then fill her with a glucose drink and draw blood twice? Bad..bad...bad...idea.

Probably the same person that thought of doing the same thing to NON-pregnant women but draw blood 7 times over 5 hours. :pissed: I passed out when they did that horrible "glucose tolerance" test on me too. :puke:

I can't wait to see a picture of her. :mrgreen: Tell Aub the shotgun is much more effective if he reminds the young man that he's not afraid to go back to jail when he cleans it in front of him. :lmao:

photogoddess said:
I can't wait to see a picture of her. :mrgreen: Tell Aub the shotgun is much more effective if he reminds the young man that he's not afraid to go back to jail when he cleans it in front of him. :lmao:

:lmao: You watch Blue Collar TV too? That's a Bill Engvall line right? You and Aub think so much alike that it scares me :mrgreen:

I see that mother's intuition means nothing to you all, everyone thinks it's going to be a girl and I'm the only one who says boy. :lol:

photogoddess said:
Probably the same person that thought of doing the same thing to NON-pregnant women but draw blood 7 times over 5 hours. :pissed: I passed out when they did that horrible "glucose tolerance" test on me too. :puke:

I'm supposed to have to go through some sort of glucose tolerance test as soon as I can afford the doctor bills. Is it really that bad???

It's really not horrible, the hardest part for me was that I only had them when I was pregnant and the fasting part was hard. For the non-pregnant tests they usually draw blood fasting, then have you drink the glucose stuff (which to me tasted like orange soda) then test again at one hour, two hours and three hours past to watch how your glucose levels are. If you can, schedule it in the morning, I thought that was easier.

They did a blood test at the start, one half an hour later then at the hour and every hour after for 5 hours. My glucose tolerance test was only bad because the guy drawing blood couldn't hit a vein if his life depended on it. He just stuck the needle in and rooted around until he got blood. Plus my blood sugar didn't tank out until AFTER I left the doctors office and when it did, I was literally passing out of Claimjumper at lunch time. :confused:

AlisonPower said:
:lmao: You watch Blue Collar TV too? That's a Bill Engvall line right? You and Aub think so much alike that it scares me :mrgreen:

I might be from So Cal but isn't that still the "South"? Besides, don't all good self respecting rednecks watch Blue Collar TV? :biglaugh:

AlisonPower said:
Ugh....that whole test is awful. Whose idea was it to tell a pregnant woman that she has to fast and then fill her with a glucose drink and draw blood twice? Bad..bad...bad...idea.

I am not looking forward to that test! I think I passed out the first time I did it too. I remember that I took my Mom with me and made her take me out for breakfast afterwards :mrgreen:

I asked if I really had to do the orange iky stuff in my last pregnacy and since I was fine with the first two and there is no history of problems in my family I was able to skip it. Plus I find out later that there is another test that involves giving blood, then going out for lunch and then going back give blood again

TIME HAS, INDEED, PROCEEDED!

And now it is morning in Germany, so soon it will be morning for you and then you'll have the appointment for the BIG ULTRASOUND, and very soon after that we shall hear whether we'll have to talk about "Evelyn Maria" or about "Chase Andrew" :D. Goodie. Soooo exciting.

I want to see your "blob", as it will show on the ultrasound pic. Beautiful eyes, I am sure! ;)
And I want a new mommy-to-be pic, pretty please? Or a parents-to-be pic? Maybe?

Right you are! I'm drinking the water they said I had to drink as I type this. We surely will scan in the ultrasound photos and we'll share some photos of the parents & siblings to be soon. Thanks for thinking of us, LaFoto....we fell like TPF is an extension of our family :)

I saw my sister lastnight for the first time in 3 months. She's 12 and now stands atleast 5'5". She's going into Junior High. I also saw pics of her at my cousins wedding in the UK. Wearing a dresss.

WHY DO THEY GROW UP SO FAST?

Good luck today!

Ohhhh I'm so excited!! I so hope it's a girl... that way you'll have someone to go shopping with!! Yay! But a boy would be cool too! oh I just hope 'it' is all healthy and cute and everything!! :mrgreen:

And yes, MD, Brekky.

I absolutely believe in mother's intuition, which is why I went ahead and painted the nursery blue without peeking at the ultrasound. ;) And I was right!

Soooooo, we may indeed have a trio of boys in the Power household.....hmmmm.......the thing I keep remembering is that, when Alison starts typing fast and refers to the baby without thinking, she always calls the baby "she". :mrgreen: That's intuitive, too!

It is funny how we're all wanting a baby girl, though. :lol:
It's so exciting! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back