I think we have a winner

You go in on Jan 4 at 7:30h... which is in 4 1/2 hours from now... and your Jan 4 lasts 6 hours longer than mine... fair chance.

Why will it be an induced delivery?
Isn't the due date only tomorrow?
Unless a mother-to-be is ten to 14 days overdue, no one will even think about inducing a delivery here any more. Poor girl... my thoughts are with you!!!
But when it's all over, and all the happiness hormones will wash over you, they'll wash over me, too, and I'll be happy with you about Evelyn ... and will want to see piccies! Many piccies!
All day today you'll be on my mind!

LaFoto said:
You go in on Jan 4 at 7:30h... which is in 4 1/2 hours from now... and your Jan 4 lasts 6 hours longer than mine... fair chance.

Why will it be an induced delivery?
Isn't the due date only tomorrow?
Unless a mother-to-be is ten to 14 days overdue, no one will even think about inducing a delivery here any more. Poor girl... my thoughts are with you!!!
But when it's all over, and all the happiness hormones will wash over you, they'll wash over me, too, and I'll be happy with you about Evelyn ... and will want to see piccies! Many piccies!
All day today you'll be on my mind!

The reason for the induction is Evelyn won't stay in the birth position during contractions. I've been in labor for the past week and every time the contractions start she moves her head out and presents with her shoulder first and labor stalls. She was fully breech a few weeks ago and they were able to turn her head down, but she just seems to not like it. So, because of the cord position and her continual turning they were concerned that if my water broke the cord might present first which is no good for the baby at all. It wasn't an easy decision as I was really hoping for a natural delivery without an induction. However, after a week of daily contractions lasting up to 10 hours with no baby it seems this is the safest route for all of us.

We will make sure to keep everyone updated. I truly appreciate all the positive thoughts and I know two little boys who are very excited to meet their sister so I'll try to make this as short a process as possible :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back