What's new

I'd tap that...

runnah

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
14,632
Reaction score
7,563
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But someone already did. I plan on going back when there is better light but it's been cloudy for the past week. Plus I feel like I could have done better on the angles but I had to shoot from the road as these were on private property owned by angry hicks.


buckets by runnah555, on Flickr



buckets2 by runnah555, on Flickr
 
Nice pics. Is that for syrup? Looks like something already tapped the bottom of those trees!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Nice pics. Is that for syrup? Looks like something already tapped the bottom of those trees!

Yes. Its the old fashioned way, but makes for good photos.
 
You don't want to upset angry hicks...they will turn on you like a junkyard dog...... I like the B&W.
 
Title made me laugh before I even clicked it - figured you weren't going where most would expect. I think there is potential with the first one. For me, the focus is on the buckets, so go horizontal to focus there. I would also like a little more in contrast.

I did play with it a little, can show you if you want. Just say so.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Title made me laugh before I even clicked it - figured you weren't going where most would expect. I think there is potential with the first one. For me, the focus is on the buckets, so go horizontal to focus there. I would also like a little more in contrast.

I did play with it a little, can show you if you want. Just say so.

Show me what you got!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #13
Not bad, I am a stickler for keeping original ratios when cropping, that why i didn't go in the same direction.

Just curious - how do you handle printing? Do you custom frame/mat everything to the original ratio? I went 8x10 just to keep some height on the trees, but it could still be cropped horizontally maintaining the original ratio. Ratio aside, it's more of an issue of orientation for me. I think the landscape orientation frames what I perceived to be the subject(s) better.
 
I was expecting a picture of a keg.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom