What's new

If I fall behind

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
42
Location
Whitby,Ontario,Canada.
This is a shot of both Airic and I's mother in law, who lost her husband of almost 50 years, a couple of years ago. This was taken thanksgiving as she was walking a path that her and her husband walked together for years and years. SHe now walks it alone!

Fall.jpg
 
thats awesome. the picture is awesome, the story is awesome. I love it
 
Beautiful shot and a touching sentiment...well done:)
 
Wow. This image truly means a thousand words.

It reminded me of a poem called "Should You Go First and I Remain" By Albert Rowell. I can't find an identical version on the internet so I will just write it out.

Should you go first and I remain to walk the road alone,
I’ll live in memory’s garden, dear, with happy days we’ve known.
In spring I’ll watch for roses red when fades the lilac blue,
And in early fall when brown leaves call, I’ll catch a glimpse of you.


Should you go first and I remain for battles to be fought,
Each thing you’ve touched along the way will be a hallowed spot.
I’ll hear your voice, I’ll see your smile and through blindly I may grope,
The memory of your helping hand will bore me on with hope.

Should you go first and I remain, one thing I’d have you do:
Walk slowly down that long, long path for soon I’ll follow you.
And I’ll want to know each step you take that I may walk the same,
For someday down that lonely road you’ll hear me call your name.
 
Peter, you are very much honouring your parents-in-law, both of them, with this photo and this is what I so like about it. Though your father-in-law is no longer there, he IS there, and it transpires even to total strangers like myself.

This photo speaks...

Peanuts, you did the best in commenting with THIS poem.
Photo and poem seem to be made for each other.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom