IF you are bored ... or maybe just mildly interested ...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... you might like to know that I have finally (after weeks and weeks) started to talk about my trip to Turkey in October in my blogspot-blog. While I was sure no one would EVER go read ANYTHING in my blog, I still got a "complaint call" from my one and only reader (yes, it seems like I have ONE), who is my sister. And she said, any time a client misses an appointment and she has a surprise free 45 minutes in the office, she likes to browse my blog, and "there is nothing new! Haven't you been to Turkey??? When will you tell me about it and show me some pics???" Gulp! :oops:

So I started work on it again.
And having reached installment 15 on the trip now, I can proudly report that I have finished with the first 2 days - Istanbul only. Which means there are 6 more days to cover in that blog ... :roll: So work on the blog is continuing.
http://corinna-me-myself-i.blogspot.com/

If some would much rather just see the first couple (176? ) of photos (also only covering the two days in Istanbul), but don't want to read about any of my thoughts or explanations, they may find them in My_Flickr ... I've just made that Turkey album public (most are private).

I got bored...

For some reason I had no idea you were on flickr - anyway, you are now listed as one of my contacts and cannot escape so easily again. The blog looks good too - you certainly know how to write once you get going.

Thanks, Chris :oops:

And ... erm ... when I thought no one, or only just Christiane, was my reader ... why do I keep a blog in English? :scratch: The "complaint call" was all in German, too, and I would never speak to her in English, yet the blog ... ;)

My goodness, that's a lot of photos!!! :shock: No wonder it has taken you so long to get them organized online.

Turkey looks beautiful! I think you have done a great job of capturing the feel of the country - for me, anyway. Very nice work. :thumbup: I enjoyed looking at them.

What an awesome blog, Corinna! And great English, too. I had to keep reminding myself that you were German. Question-do you speak English in your home or German? Or does it just kind of fluidly alternate back and fourth? You have a better knowledge of how to construct and deliver an English sentence than a large percentage of high school graduates here in America..

You got some nice photos, too.. At any point in your trip did you feel unwelcome? And I'm sure you know what I mean, so I won't get political.

I'm going back to read some more..

Last edited:
Thanks, stsinner. No, we don't speak English in my home. But I do alternate back and forth easily. When I type it, I sometimes don't feel a difference between my mother tongue and my first second language. But now I am in the process of brushing up my second foreign language, Spanish, by re-reading all my SPANISH crime stories (read them last over 10 years ago, so I have nicely forgotten all the plots and they are as good as new :D).

Never did I NOT feel welcome in Turkey.
And most people quite liked to see that I was trying to speak what tiny bits of Turkish I can speak, such as "I don't speak any Turkish" or "Thank you", or "Good morning", "How are you?" and such things. Also do I know the name of the days of the week and the numbers. It's fun. I love languages.

Holy schmokes Corinna. That is beautiful. :thumbup::thumbup: You did good girl...the photos, the writting all amazing. :D

Thank you, Chiller. You're invited to read it all. Starting in August of last year :D :D :D ... in case you should be bored, are on phone duty, and have looked through your photo files for the third time already ;) ;) ;).

I plan on checking out more. :hug::

I was thinking of doing one of those blog thingys. Will run it by Chiller and see if he wants to put his mind to work.

What a wonderful blog and amazing photos. I love to see the world through other peoples eyes.

Most reactions

Back