What's new

I'm Switching to Canon....Want Advice on Lenses!

I admittedly havent read this whole thing yet, so maybe someone has asked it, but... whats with the bold? :confused:
 
Woooooooooooot!
All items have been shipped; and will arrive on Wednesday; in a few weeks i'll order a 70-200 & 430EX II!
 
Wooot! The 7D Arrive Just Minutes Ago! I Charged the Battery a Bit So I Could Test it real quick; Tomorrow I will Properly Tested And Hopefully on Saturday I Got a Gig!
Here is the UnBoxing,and the last one is The First Shot with it!;
:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg
 
Congratulations! Now you can thank someone :)
 
k, I just read all 7 pages of this thread... I'm about to purchase the 7D, already use the Canon 70-200 2.8 IS. What should I get for a "general purpose lens"? And, (maybe I should know this), but, what is L glass?
 
k, I just read all 7 pages of this thread... I'm about to purchase the 7D, already use the Canon 70-200 2.8 IS. What should I get for a "general purpose lens"? And, (maybe I should know this), but, what is L glass?
Yes - you should know that, since you have one. :lol:

It's Canon's 'L' series of lenses. Higher quality, more expensive, and often white.


The 50mm 1.4 would be a good general purpose lens. I like primes though. If you prefer a zoom, look for something in a range similar to the kit lenses. 18-55, 28-70 - something like that.
 
Depends on what you shoot yet I'd Recommend The Tamron 'ifi' & I Got; Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 VC; you got you base covered for General Video and Photo, VC is same as IS it'll be useful to you; while the 50mm 1.4 is a great prime; with 7d's crop sensor you wont be able to shoot in tight places same problem you'll have with the 24-70 which is awesome by the way i had it for whole 5 days lol;
while the 17-50 is no 11-16 it covers pretty much your general stuff IMHO
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom