What's new

I'm Switching to Canon....Want Advice on Lenses!

You might find the following comparison review interesting if you are considering the 70-200mm f2.8 options on the market.
Juza Nature Photography

Also remember that the 70-200mm f4 canon might be sharper at f4 than the f2.8 - but that both lenses produce sharp and usable images - its really a splitting hairs argument more than one having a distinct advantage over the other - whilst the fact that the f2.8 can shoot at f2.8 whilst the f4 can't is a real world difference.

Thanks Very Much for your Reply i've been thinking ever since i saw it; the tamron 70-200 2.8 it's looking pretty good! but its out of budget at the moment!
 
Last edited:
so how is the new camera so far?


I returned the 1D and the 7D; I Haven't Bought it yet; since Almost all the "too good to be true" seller on eBay seem to sell 'grey market' 'no warranty' items; i think i'll end up with B&H so it'll cost a lot more....
 
so how is the new camera so far?


I returned the 1D and the 7D; I Haven't Bought it yet; since Almost all the "too good to be true" seller on eBay seem to sell 'grey market' 'no warranty' items; i think i'll end up with B&H so it'll cost a lot more....

I saw this, not sure if it will work for you but worth trying if you are interested: Canon 7D (body only) $1331 @ Sears after 10% discount and 8% BCB - SlickDeals.net Forums

When i click the link it automatically re-directs me to Sears PR; no discount :(
But Thanks ifi
 
I fiddled around on the Sears PR site and got a Discount!
 
How do I get that BCB discount? Never mind I found out!
 
How do I get that BCB discount? Never mind I found out!
I haven't done that in a while but this is how it is suppose to work: You go to bing.com and search for keywords like "LCD TV", "Camera", etc. until you see sears.com in your search results with "Bing Cashback" icon next to it. Then you click on that icon and just do your purchase.

Good luck!
 
I found a great deal on eBay with 'time2envy' but i've read so many bad things about them...i dont know...
 
I just Purchased the 7D Body from Sears with the 10% + 8% BCB ;the Tamron 17-50 @ 2.8 from B&H with 2% BCB & $70 MIR and a Zeikos Grip with 4 Generic Batteries from eBay with 2% BCB!
 
I just Purchased the 7D Body from Sears with the 10% + 8% BCB ;the Tamron 17-50 @ 2.8 from B&H with 2% BCB & $70 MIR and a Zeikos Grip with 4 Generic Batteries from eBay with 2% BCB!

Congratulations :thumbup:

Did you get the non-VC Tamron? Please tell me how you like your new grip and batteries :)
 
I just Purchased the 7D Body from Sears with the 10% + 8% BCB ;the Tamron 17-50 @ 2.8 from B&H with 2% BCB & $70 MIR and a Zeikos Grip with 4 Generic Batteries from eBay with 2% BCB!

Congratulations :thumbup:

Did you get the non-VC Tamron? Please tell me how you like your new grip and batteries :)

I Got VC; and grip and batteries should be awesome; i have 4 non-oem batteries for the olympus and they last long and charge fast!;
 
I use a Canon 24-70 2.8L for portraits. It never comes off my camera. if you can handle the price, its a great lens.
 
I use a Canon 24-70 2.8L for portraits. It never comes off my camera. if you can handle the price, its a great lens.

Indeed it is i had it for 5 Days and I loved it; unfortunately; i dont anymore and my budget is bit short; but luckily i got the 17-50 2.8 VC which will serve my needs; after i get a few bucks back i'll get a Zoom !
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom