I'm Switching to Canon....Want Advice on Lenses!

That's sad, it was a too good of a deal, hopefully you will be able to resolve this issue with the seller. Good Luck!

Following are good first lenses for your new 7d:
Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC
Canon 17-55 2.8 IS
Canon 24-70 2.8 L

I don't know anything about Sigma 70-300 or the battery grip you selected, otherwise your list looks good :thumbup:

I don't know anything about Sigma 70-300 or the battery grip you selected, otherwise your list looks good :thumbup:

I've used those Cheap Grips The Work incredibly good for the price; no fails; same; and in some cases more features than the Canon Ones; thew sigma looks real good; we'll see; By The Way on eBay i Save $436....only downside; 6 things from different sellers :lmao:

You almost saved a lot of money on your 1D as well :)
Good luck!

IMO just go for canon f/4 lenses and add a couple of 2.8 or faster primes for the few times you actually need the low-light performance. 24-105 f4 IS and 70-200 f4 IS will sting you a lot less than equivalent f2.8 lenses.

You need a 1D MKIV and every piece of L glass made by Canon.

Then and only then will you be able to take good pictures.

IMO just go for canon f/4 lenses and add a couple of 2.8 or faster primes for the few times you actually need the low-light performance. 24-105 f4 IS and 70-200 f4 IS will sting you a lot less than equivalent f2.8 lenses.

Thanks for the Tip but i Can Get The Sigma And Tamron both @ 2.8 for the Price of any of those f4 lenses and withing my budget!

Thanks for the Tip but i Can Get The Sigma And Tamron both @ 2.8 for the Price of any of those f4 lenses and withing my budget!
The Sigma in your wish list is NOT 2.8.
These Canon f4 lenses are sharper than most of 2.8 lenses including the Canon's 2.8s. The only thing sharper in 2.8 is Canon 70-200 2.8 L IS Mark-2. 7d is a great camera and demands high quality glass.

The Sigma in your wish list is NOT 2.8.
These Canon f4 lenses are sharper than most of 2.8 lenses including the Canon's 2.8s. The only thing sharper in 2.8 is Canon 70-200 2.8 L IS Mark-2. 7d is a great camera and demands high quality glass.

Yeah That Was My bad; What would you recommend?

You might find the following comparison review interesting if you are considering the 70-200mm f2.8 options on the market.
http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/articles/canon_70-200_sigma_70-200_tamron_canon_100-400.htm

Also remember that the 70-200mm f4 canon might be sharper at f4 than the f2.8 - but that both lenses produce sharp and usable images - its really a splitting hairs argument more than one having a distinct advantage over the other - whilst the fact that the f2.8 can shoot at f2.8 whilst the f4 can't is a real world difference.

Most reactions

Back