Impromptu Photo Session of My Daughter

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not proud, nor am I going to bristle if you pick on a shot of my daughter, so feel free to rip into me all you like. :)

I just happened to have a few moments waiting for the wife to come out and my daughter was all dressed up so I asked her to pose a bit. Suggestions welcome.

Emma%20Looking%20Pretty%20-%20011.jpg

Bad huh? Lol

Ah well.

Sooo very NOT bad! I really like the feeling this photo is sending out!
Her eyes are a tad dark, missing a bit of a catchlight, but as this was impromptu...
Your daughter is much younger than I thought a daughter of yours would be - do I think of you as older as you really are??? If so, then *oops* and sorry! ;)

(Putting Mommy goggles on)... This looks great!

Jokes aside. Seems like a bit too much tree, but I like it all the same.

:mrgreen:

Agree with Rokvi's comment about an excess of tree; it's a great shot, but I think it would be even better with say, half of the tree on the RH side cropped off.

Her eyes are a tad dark, missing a bit of a catchlight, but as this was impromptu...
Your daughter is much younger than I thought a daughter of yours would be - do I think of you as older as you really are??? If so, then *oops* and sorry! ;)

its the bunny...makes him look younger :mrgreen:

Her eyes could use some sparkle...any kind of catchlight in the eyes would have helped this out tremendously. OPen skylight for example, can create nice catchlights in the eye if the subject is placed in the EDGE of a shady spot, and then turned so that their eyes face the "sky-light", which being much brighter than the shaded area, created a large catchlight on the top part of each eyeball. When viewing a person in real life, the lack of catchlights isn;t a big deal, but for the static camera image that never shifts its view once that shutter clicks closed, the lack of eye catchlights becomes a big loss to the viewer.

I have never been a fan of the 'tree hugger' pose, though I know it is a popular one. I would have preferred to see just her minus the tree. She is a lovely little girl; as mentioned, her eyes are a little squinty and dark.

Lovely shot..... please just do away with some wood from right side so that wood turns just a support :D
She is very pretty... every body will not have that innocent smile :D

She must have a beautiful mother. ;) :D

As for the eye catchlights, an on-camera flash set to -3 or -4 exposure compensation, would give the eyes a bit of sparkle without adding any light to the image... But it was definitely a good use of your time.

Wow thanks for the responses, everyone!

heheh, thank you! Yeah two problems with the eyes, I think... one she has banana eyes like her daddy when she smiles, and two the sun was in her face a little bit. I didn't have time to grab any flashes or anything so I put her looking somewhat into the sun. :( BAD DADDY!

As far as my age... :lol: How old did you think I was? And why?! :) I'm 41. She is 10 and soon to be 11.

(Putting Mommy goggles on)... This looks great!

Jokes aside. Seems like a bit too much tree, but I like it all the same.

:mrgreen:

:lol: Thanks! I actually wondered if I had too much tree in it. I've recropped it and posted a new image... hope you (and everyone else who mentioned the tree thing) likes it. :)

Emma%20Looking%20Pretty%20-%20011%20r2.jpg

I couldn't crop out two much more without whacking her elbow, but I think this works(?). :)

What a pretty young lady!!
Your impromptu "quickie" photo is probably better than I could do with plenty of planning, so I'll leave the C&C to those who actually have some skillz. :D

hahaha... thank you and thank you. :)

Agree with Rokvi's comment about an excess of tree; it's a great shot, but I think it would be even better with say, half of the tree on the RH side cropped off.

How about 1/3? :lol: Thanks for the comment!

its the bunny...makes him look younger :mrgreen:

Rabbit is good, rabbit is wise... rabbit is also youthful! :lol:

Her eyes could use some sparkle...any kind of catchlight in the eyes would have helped this out tremendously. OPen skylight for example, can create nice catchlights in the eye if the subject is placed in the EDGE of a shady spot, and then turned so that their eyes face the "sky-light", which being much brighter than the shaded area, created a large catchlight on the top part of each eyeball. When viewing a person in real life, the lack of catchlights isn;t a big deal, but for the static camera image that never shifts its view once that shutter clicks closed, the lack of eye catchlights becomes a big loss to the viewer.

That's a great suggestion, Derrel- thank you!

I have never been a fan of the 'tree hugger' pose, though I know it is a popular one. I would have preferred to see just her minus the tree. She is a lovely little girl; as mentioned, her eyes are a little squinty and dark.

I know, it's a super typical pose. I need to spend some more time thinking about cool poses and settings for my gals. Thank you for the comment!

Lovely shot..... please just do away with some wood from right side so that wood turns just a support :D
She is very pretty... every body will not have that innocent smile :D

hahah... thank you! Hope you like rev2.

She must have a beautiful mother. ;) :D

As for the eye catchlights, an on-camera flash set to -3 or -4 exposure compensation, would give the eyes a bit of sparkle without adding any light to the image... But it was definitely a good use of your time.

I'm always leery of the on-camera flash, but I bet with all the natural light that would have worked really well. *whacks head* DURRR... Good idea. Thank you!

And yes... her mother is beautiful. And yes, I'm really not. :lol:

Here's Mom...

marciawedding_sm.jpg

We'll just say that my daughter was fortunate enough to have taken more from Mom than Dad... and Dad is daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamned lucky to have convinced such a beautiful lady to say "I do". :)

Thank you all again! Very much!

Chris, those of us who are fortunate to be married to beautiful, talented women, forever wonder how we won out in the lottery of life. I don't know - but since your daughter (and mines as well) inherited a lot of the good stuff, let us be eternally grateful, if somewhat mystified at our good fortune.

Edit... now that we see your wife, how about a daughter/mother combo? Surely you can be persuasive? And why haven't we seen them together (or even apart) before? Hmm? Hmm?

I Like the crop and by the looks of Mum, you were lucky :). Well done!

Most reactions

Back