In search of the elusive Canadian moose (827km and no moose) (pic heavy)

So hopefully I did this right. Here's a link to the set on Flckr. I'm hoping they are the only ones I made public :) https://www.flickr.com/photos/97509571@N08/

If anyone feels like taking a look and offering come advice, I would appreciate it.

Heading out for a bit. Back later.

Wait till the snow melts there still yarded up way back in 2-3 weeks after snow melts there all over HWY60

Don't worry about WB, just set it to Auto and tweak as needed in post. It will probably be really close as is.

For the Panda you could have shot at f/5.6 and 1/500 shutter to take care of motion blur. And that would have had the added advantage of softening the background. I also would have tried spot or center weighted metering to expose more for the animal, let the background get dark or blowout, you can change that in post too if you want.

But there are different strokes for different folks, that is just how I would have tried it.

Wait till the snow melts there still yarded up way back in 2-3 weeks after snow melts there all over HWY60

That's what they tell me. See my comment above about the memo.

Don't worry about WB, just set it to Auto and tweak as needed in post. It will probably be really close as is.

For the Panda you could have shot at f/5.6 and 1/500 shutter to take care of motion blur. And that would have had the added advantage of softening the background. I also would have tried spot or center weighted metering to expose more for the animal, let the background get dark or blowout, you can change that in post too if you want.

But there are different strokes for different folks, that is just how I would have tried it.

Ok, so this is going to sound really stupid and I should be banned from the board for even saying it, but I struggle horribly with remembering how to change my shutter speed. Now, in my defence, I was in a coma a few years back (long story) and I have memory issues now. So I read it, I think I have it, then I get out there and I forget. I think what I have to do is make myself a little cheat card. I don't remember things until they become routine. You should see me in the morning if something throws me off! I will leave without breakfast, lunch ect. It sucks. However, my boyfriend enjoys playing with my mind because we'll have conversations that I don't always remember. It's quite funny.

OK, so change my shutter speed and change my metering. We are going out again this weekend somewhere else, and I will practice with that. Thank you!!

Been there and done that, they let me read my coma chart one day when I went back for a checkup. It was interesting reading. I had been in a car accident and luckily my head was harder than the windshield, but my neck wasn't. Sorry, what were we talking about :wink:

Just try to remember the triangle, to make the triangle easier just set the ISO to auto and then go back and forth with aperture and shutter speed to balance your exposure.

What camera body are you using ?

I would like to see more of the kitties, especially the ones with the big footsies. :)

They ALL had big footsies! $DSC_2066.jpg$DSC_2181.JPG$DSC_2193.JPG$DSC_2198.JPG$DSC_2118.jpg$DSC_2169.JPG$DSC_2171.JPG$DSC_2175.JPG

Been there and done that, they let me read my coma chart one day when I went back for a checkup. It was interesting reading. I had been in a car accident and luckily my head was harder than the windshield, but my neck wasn't. Sorry, what were we talking about :wink:

Just try to remember the triangle, to make the triangle easier just set the ISO to auto and then go back and forth with aperture and shutter speed to balance your exposure.

What camera body are you using ?

I had some wicked hallucinations when I came out of it. I had a friend tell me he was sorry he didn't know I was in the hospital or he would have come visit. Imagine his surprise when I told him he was there every single night in my room, sitting at the end of my bed having long conversations with me. To this day, I am not totally sure which memories are real and which are fake. The downside is that I've lost a ton of memories from before the coma. I was even going through some pictures the other day, and I have no memory of being in some of those places and taking those pictures.

I've got the triangle, sort of. ISO auto I can do. What mode do I use? Or does it depend?

I'm using a Nikon D80 and for these I was using my tamron 270 lens.

I shoot in Manual so on a Nikon the thumbwheel is to adjust the shutter and the front finger wheel is for F stop. So F = Finger if that helps you remember ?

I shoot in Manual so on a Nikon the thumbwheel is to adjust the shutter and the front finger wheel is for F stop. So F = Finger if that helps you remember ?

Don't take this personally, please, but I love you right now. In a totally non-love, non sexual way. Word association, it's how I get through life.

No worries, glad I could help :thumbup:

You have no idea..... god I love this board.

Great stuff Barb! All really neat, but being a kitty fan, I really like the BIG KITTY! :wink: Lee

Yup, I'm a huge kitty fan. Especially the tiger. We are going to the Bowmanville Zoo soon. The tiger there was the tiger in the movie Life of Pi. A lot of their animals are hand raised so you can get a little closer. Although still not as close as I would like to get to the tiger :)

Most reactions

Back