In Victoria BC

mwcfarms

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.deannachambers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I am in Victoria BC at a friends place and am wondering about mom and pop stores here. Looking to pic up another filter and some other stuff whilst here; if anyone can direct me to a place they have had good experience with Id appreciate it.

Now the fun touristy part begins.

Sorry i dont know any stores in Victoria as im in Vancouver..... try googling... if not you might have to hit future shop or london drugs and see what they have....

Sorry i dont know any stores in Victoria as im in Vancouver..... try googling... if not you might have to hit future shop or london drugs and see what they have....
not to sound mean, but I have seen a few of your posts that just say " I dont know sorry."

if you don't know, why post, just leave, no one has to know that you dont know.

sorry if that sounds harsh.

not to sound mean, but I have seen a few of your posts that just say " I dont know sorry."

if you don't know, why post, just leave, no one has to know that you dont know.

sorry if that sounds harsh.

lol i barely even go on here... i made like two posts that said that... one because someone was being annoyed that no one understood them so i just wanted to say that i understood and this one because i acually live in the province... maybe you should get the full story before commenting...

Oh and i just remembered about Black's. They probably have a Black's over there. It's not a 'mom and pop' store but its specified to photography.

BlacksPhoto - Store Directory

Hillside | (250)595-1696 | 1644 Hillside Avenue | Victoria | Store Hours

The Bay Centre | (250)388-6620 | #111A-1150 Douglas Street | Victoria |Store Hours

For 'mom and pop' stores try googling... (like i said before)

Last edited:
I think there are 3 London Drugs stores in Victoria. They usually have a pretty good photo department.

Lol thanks for the tips guys, I checked out Blacks and another store. Yes London Drugs is everywhere I try to use the mom and pop stores because the service is better and they dont pressure you. And I find a lot of the chain stores hire kids whose knowledge is limited.

Lol thanks for the tips guys, I checked out Blacks and another store. Yes London Drugs is everywhere I try to use the mom and pop stores because the service is better and they dont pressure you. And I find a lot of the chain stores hire kids whose knowledge is limited.

ya.... London drugs is like that. If your lucky you might find someone knowledgeable but most of the time it's people who don't know what the frick they're talking about.

Black's is pretty good but they don't have the same selection that they have the website as they do in the store so you really have to call ahead of time and see if they have it. I know i wanted to look at some lenses and they only had like 2 lenses that would for my camera meanwhile on their website they had way more....

You could maybe try asking black's if they know of any other places for camera stuff.

Futureshop sells some filters but they're usually dimwits in there...

I would definitely not recommend Blacks.

skieur

A long time ago, I used to use Blacks to develop & print my film...but while they might have had one or two people who actually knew something about photography...most were basically cashiers and didn't know much.

I've found that London Drugs is usually better. They actually have well trained photo techs, but for the most part, they work 'in the back' doing the actual printing....which is good, but then you may be left with a 'cashier' as your point of contact, which can lead to confusion and frustration.

Walking into an actual 'Pro' lab is a night & day difference. They actually know what they are doing and can answer just about any question you might have. And the prices really aren't much higher than places like Blacks or LD.

I would definitely not recommend Blacks.

skieur

I've only been twice but i really liked it. I got good service and got people who seemed to know what they were talking about. Specially the first time i went in i was asking about lenses and she seemed to know a lot. The second time... eh but it was a different location and different person but i was still satisfied.

Most reactions

Back