What's new

Inspiration

mishele

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
13,661
Reaction score
4,898
Location
In your dreams!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got inspired today after reading the "hate flower" thread....lol
So here is a little something from my trip to the backyard.


IMG_2658-1 by Mishele21, on Flickr
 
SIGH!!!!!! :) (as in wow!! Lovely!)
 
Ok, so I don't know how you did the motion effect. Can you explain? I'd love to try it!
 
I don't think the girl should give away her secrets.

Originality should stay that way as long as possible!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Ok, so I don't know how you did the motion effect. Can you explain? I'd love to try it!

You are not the first to ask.......lol The only thing I tell people is, it's not done in post.
 
Bitter, SHHHHH!

Dang it. I could have been at least a little teeny weeny bit closer to getting "the method". It ain't wide open aperture. It ain't simple motion blur. It's.... magic, apparently.

Now I tried to channel "Mish". Thought I had it. Uploaded/downloaded, inspected the result and.... sigh.

Ain't giving up tho.

Mishele, thanks for being an inspiration. And I mean that in a good way.
 
Much as I would love to know how mish does these, I have to agree with Bitter that she shouldn't tell.

THIS is why photography is still an ART, because it's not just about what you can DO, in a technical sense. It's about what you can SEE. I could take mishele's instructions and go out, and perhaps with practice, I could create what she's creating. But, imo, *I* wouldn't be creating, I'd be reproducing. It might make me technically good, but it wouldn't make my photo "art."

That's not to say that "reproducing" is a BAD thing, in itself...but--to me--it's a BABY step. For me, I may try to "reproduce" what someone else is doing, but I do it for two reasons:
1. To make sure that I do, in fact, have the *technical* skills to accomplish what I want to do
2. More important, to be inspired to find my OWN vision and style.

I think sometimes many of us (myself included, much to my chagrin) want easy step-by-step instructions on how to create that stunning photo. But while others can give us guidelines, make sure we understand the technical aspects, etc...the only way we move beyond what is essentially cookie-cutter photography is to develop our OWN style, our own vision and go with it.

Or, possibly, I'm just full of hot air, and all the migraine medication I'm taking right now is making me ramble. Pretty sure at least the last half of that is true. ;)

Either way, mish, your stuff really is inspirational!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #13
Bitter, SHHHHH!

Dang it. I could have been at least a little teeny weeny bit closer to getting "the method". It ain't wide open aperture. It ain't simple motion blur. It's.... magic, apparently.

Now I tried to channel "Mish". Thought I had it. Uploaded/downloaded, inspected the result and.... sigh.

Ain't giving up tho.

Mishele, thanks for being an inspiration. And I mean that in a good way.
lol You would laugh if I told you how I do it!! It's rewarding to know that your work gets other people out there shooting!!


Tell me and I want tell anyone..hahah

lol Nice try!!
 
True, that. SM, I think you've got it. I really like Mishele's work because it makes you see beyond the flower - there is an atmosphere, a vagueness that allows the viewer to inject themselves into the image and project intent and meaning... Actually, scratch the "meaning". Let's go with "flow". There's a dynamic quality to the images that invokes motion, while at the same time showing a stationary flower... a visual contradiction. And since the mind does not like contradictions, it creates a narrative. The tune is there, the viewer supplies the words. And that, I think, is the true genius - we don't see what Mishele sees, but Mishele opens a door for us to see our own version.
 
SM, is your migraine from all that wine you've been drinking lately? :biglaugh:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom