What's new

Inspiration

  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #20
True, that. SM, I think you've got it. I really like Mishele's work because it makes you see beyond the flower - there is an atmosphere, a vagueness that allows the viewer to inject themselves into the image and project intent and meaning... Actually, scratch the "meaning". Let's go with "flow". There's a dynamic quality to the images that invokes motion, while at the same time showing a stationary flower... a visual contradiction. And since the mind does not like contradictions, it creates a narrative. The tune is there, the viewer supplies the words. And that, I think, is the true genius - we don't see what Mishele sees, but Mishele opens a door for us to see our own version.

Wow.....I'm going to ask you to write my next artist statement.....LOL I love this!! I think I'm going to look at my own work differently after this statement!!
Again thank you!!!:hug::
 
I have an idea...not how she does it, but one that was inspired for me to try out on some flowers. No idea how it'll turn out, but if it's decent, I'll share the photo's, not the secret. muahahah.
 
Mishele, you are welcome. But you see, there is a common thread here. Look at David's (Bitter) work with abstracts. There are patterns and justapositions that break away from easy pigeon-holing, and make you stop and actually look. He's done the hard work of recognizing the visual opportunity and capturing it. We get to play with it. Look at the images that Invisible has shown us - abandoned remnants of prior lives, or images that invoke a place and a time. Again, he sets up a stage for us, and we supply the actors. The play is on. You give us images of flowers, but in a way that again makes us supply the missing pieces. Actually, they are not "missing" per se... but their ambiguity allows multiple interpretations. Look at some of Lew (The Traveller)' street photos - again, there are visual elements with ambiguous aspects, which allow us to enter the images and construct our own interpretations.

To me, that is the genius of image-making: you create a stage for the viewer to feel welcome on, and for them to do their own dance.
 
Ok, so I don't know how you did the motion effect. Can you explain? I'd love to try it!

You are not the first to ask.......lol The only thing I tell people is, it's not done in post.
If you ask mishele nicely, she will give some of her secrets away. I'm going to betray her trust in me: there is indeed some farting involved.
 
Mishele, you are welcome. But you see, there is a common thread here. Look at David's (Bitter) work with abstracts. There are patterns and justapositions that break away from easy pigeon-holing, and make you stop and actually look. He's done the hard work of recognizing the visual opportunity and capturing it. We get to play with it. Look at the images that Invisible has shown us - abandoned remnants of prior lives, or images that invoke a place and a time. Again, he sets up a stage for us, and we supply the actors. The play is on. You give us images of flowers, but in a way that again makes us supply the missing pieces. Actually, they are not "missing" per se... but their ambiguity allows multiple interpretations. Look at some of Lew (The Traveller)' street photos - again, there are visual elements with ambiguous aspects, which allow us to enter the images and construct our own interpretations.

To me, that is the genius of image-making: you create a stage for the viewer to feel welcome on, and for them to do their own dance.
Yup, I'm definitely going to ask you to introduce my books, my gallery shows, and even my live recordings :)
 
Heh, Federico, I'm sure we could work something out. But if it involves coming to Winnipeg in mid-winter, the fee is doubled.;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #26
Heh, Federico, I'm sure we could work something out. But if it involves coming to Winnipeg in mid-winter, the fee is doubled.;)

Amen to that!! After looking at his shots I'm pretty sure I will never go to Canada in the winter!!!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #28
Taped it to the car door and shot it while rolling down the street?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom