Into the downpour for the owls.

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had to go back today to see my new favorite Owl family. The morning was overcast and gloomy but I went anyways.. I had an interview at noon and by 1 it was raining pretty good. I was hoping it let up instead when I checked the radar it was yellow and red. Oh well, through a quasi rain coat on the camera and donned the camo.. Some are a little noisy, probably not up to my normal level, but they are so damn cute. I had to shoot a little underexposed to get a decent shutter speed.. comments welcome...

From earlier

Great Horned Owl pair of babies by krisinct, on Flickr

2 hiding

Great Horned Owl pair of babies hiding by krisinct, on Flickr

And then the downpour...
3 - momma

Great Horned Owl by krisinct, on Flickr

Great Horned Owl baby 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

Great Horned Owl bay 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

funny! My first thought was, owls don't like being wet anymore than photographers do.

Most would be glad to even know where these guys are..I know I would be. Nice set.

funny! My first thought was, owls don't like being wet anymore than photographers do.
LOL, I was walking through the woods thinking how nuts I really am. It was an absolute downpour but I really wanted to see the Owlets again. Hopefully I will get a little sun and enough time to go see them with some light!

Yea enough with the rain already.Nice capture, the owls are such cuties.

This is from Monday evening, you know how hard it rained here...
Hey Dave, what happened to the D7000? Its not in your signature anymore... If you want to take a ride down and see these guys let me know... :)

Photo #2 made me laugh

Good shots all of them, they were well worth suffering through the rain :)

Hey Dave, what happened to the D7000? Its not in your signature anymore... If you want to take a ride down and see these guys let me know... :)
I sold it,to many focus issues for me.Looking at the D7100 now but need to wait a bit see how the reviews come in before I pull the trigger.

PM sent.

Most reactions

Back