iPhone 6 Photography at the White House

Stupid. Iphones, while robust, CANNOT match the quality of a DSLR.

Jake

Maybe he didn't care about the things DSLRs are good at. In fact, I think that's kind of the point of the piece. The photographer actually makes it quite clear.

Image Quality is not the be-all and end-all of photography.

Jake

Maybe he didn't care about the things DSLRs are good at. In fact, I think that's kind of the point of the piece. The photographer actually makes it quite clear.

When the tools are available, it is. What's the point of a pro using an iPhone when he/she has access to a bunch of high end gear? It's pointless, idiotic, and a waste of their time/effort. It shows little to no care or pride in his/her work.

Jake

Jake

When the tools are available, it is. What's the point of a pro using an iPhone when he/she has access to a bunch of high end gear? It's pointless, idiotic, and a waste of their time/effort. It shows little to no care or pride in his/her work.

Jake

Did you read the article? It's not very long. He talks about several advantages to the iPhone.

It's frankly insulting to say 'you don't care about the quality of your work if you're not optimizing <some trivial and specific detail>'.

dunno. said freelance. sounded to me like he was just getting a quick walk thu. But what do I know...
Fair point; I took the line to "... been at the White House since 2000" to mean that he was on-staff; unafiliated, but on-staff. Regardless, I wouldn't think if you're a regular there you have carte blanche to do what you want, but I have been wrong before.

He's padding his resume in preparation for something else.

Jake

Jake

Did you read the article? It's not very long. He talks about several advantages to the iPhone.

It's frankly insulting to say 'you don't care about the quality of your work if you're not optimizing <some trivial and specific detail>'.

I did. And I stand by my statement. His actions imply a lack of pride in his work. Call it insulting, but it seems pretty clear to me.

Jake

Jake

I did. And I stand by my statement. His actions imply a lack of pride in his work. Call it insulting, but it seems pretty clear to me.
I don't want to turn this into a political thread but I agree with you in the iPhone 6 to a extent, For the white house a toy camera would definitely be in order...

Silly gimmick that is typical of the attitude that seems to be pervasive these days: newer is always better!

For me, the biggest sin is that the pictures are super boring.

well one thing is for sure, it got people talking about his work. Had this never come up, I wouldnt have ever heard of the guy

well one thing is for sure, it got people talking about his work. Had this never come up, I wouldnt have ever heard of the guy

Agreed. Let's face it - we've all seen better pictures taken with a cell phone. If this all he can really do with his iPhone 6, maybe he needed that gimmick to get noticed ;)

After seeing the photos, I have very strong reservations about the term "White House Photographer".

IMO, he is not anything official, just took the tour and blogged. With photographs that ordinary, he is definitely not being paid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back