iPhone/iPad/Windows Calendar application

Thanks - I've considered those options, but what I really want is a stand-alone calendar application.

This is where you are making things hard on yourself. Why exactly does it need to be separate? If you are only using the calendar part of the app why would you care if it is also has other features?

Thanks - I've considered those options, but what I really want is a stand-alone calendar application.

This is where you are making things hard on yourself. Why exactly does it need to be separate? If you are only using the calendar part of the app why would you care if it is also has other features?
I don't care if it has other features, but I don't want to pay for things I don't use. I don't use MS Office, so going out and buying Outlook makes it an expensive proposition. I don't like having to rely on anything that needs on-line access because I spend a lot of time in rural areas without cell coverage.

Win 7 - I really want to avoid anything that requires me to log in or needs an account, which is why I've not gone the Google route.

Well anything that would sync across devices is going to need some sort of account or login information... So I'm not really sure what to recommend at this point. :lol:

I mean MAYBE... just MAYBE... if there were a software that would sync with the iPhone calendar when you plug it into your computer, but I'm PRETTY confident that there's probably not one and you would need to have an account with... whichever service you're using.

LOL yup to sync anything across the web you absolutely will need an account of some type.

With out an account you will be forced to plug the phone in and sync via the cable. And this option will limit you even more to what calendar apps iTunes will talk to on windows.

...With out an account you will be forced to plug the phone in and sync via the cable.
This is exactly what I want.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1296
And according to Apple the iPhone calendar will only sync over the cable to

" Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office 2010 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8)"

So your ether going to have to buy Outlook or use a online calender syncing service. I have never seen a 3rd pray calendar app on the iPhone sync over cable they all use online services.

I personally HATE having to sync my iPhone via cable. Having to pull out the computer and let the phone to through the whole sync process just for one small calendar event, it was just not worth it. I stopped using the calendar on the computer until they could sync over the web, it just was not worth the hassle.

Most reactions

Back