Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a calendar application for my iOS devices which also has a desktop component that will run on my Windows machine. What I want to be able to do is enter all of my appointments, etc into the desktop component on my computer and then synchronize my iPhone & iPad from that. Does anyone know if such a beast exists, and if (and I assume it doesn't) doesn't, any suggestions on how to achieve this would be much appreciated.

Tks!

I'm looking for a calendar application for my iOS devices which also has a desktop component that will run on my Windows machine. What I want to be able to do is enter all of my appointments, etc into the desktop component on my computer and then synchronize my iPhone & iPad from that. Does anyone know if such a beast exists, and if (and I assume it doesn't) doesn't, any suggestions on how to achieve this would be much appreciated.

Tks!

iCloud would work, however you would have to use a browser on your PC which doesn't sound like what you are seeking.

Personally I would use Google, setup GMail and sync everything on iOS. Use any number of apps on your PC to sync with Google and away you go.

Lastly, and it's a stretch, but if you have access to MS Exchange that would work like the aforementioned Google option. Most only have access to Exchange through a corporate environment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, not really sure how that would help.

It doesn't.

You could log into iCloud.com and see and manipulate your calendar from there...

But if you want a legit **desktop** client... that doesn't help.

Don't quote me on this, because I'm not a microsoft user in any way, but I believe that the PC/iPhone users I have run into do it through Exchange somehow.

Does exchange sound familiar to you? I don't even know what that is... if it's related to outlook, or if it's a totally different thing, haha. But that might at least give you a starting point to research.......

Last edited:
Thanks - I've considered those options, but what I really want is a stand-alone calendar application.

Tks!

iCloud would work, however you would have to use a browser on your PC which doesn't sound like what you are seeking.

Personally I would use Google, setup GMail and sync everything on iOS. Use any number of apps on your PC to sync with Google and away you go.

Lastly, and it's a stretch, but if you have access to MS Exchange that would work like the aforementioned Google option. Most only have access to Exchange through a corporate environment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha, we were typing at the same time.

Google Calendar is definitely another option, although that would be going through your browser as well.

Thanks Rose - I really don't want to set up an Exchange server for something this trivial. It would work, but it would be like using a sledge-hammer to squash a mosquito...

Thanks - I've considered those options, but what I really want is a stand-alone calendar application.

What Windows OS? 8 has a calendar that will sync with Google, hence my recommendation of GMail via iOS and Windows.

What Windows OS? 8 has a calendar that will sync with Google, hence my recommendation of GMail via iOS and Windows.

Outlook also syncs with GMail calendar. Not exactly ONLY a calendar app but it's another option if you don't have W8.

Win 7 - I really want to avoid anything that requires me to log in or needs an account, which is why I've not gone the Google route.

Win 7 - I really want to avoid anything that requires me to log in or needs an account, which is why I've not gone the Google route.

Well anything that would sync across devices is going to need some sort of account or login information... So I'm not really sure what to recommend at this point. :lol:

I mean MAYBE... just MAYBE... if there were a software that would sync with the iPhone calendar when you plug it into your computer, but I'm PRETTY confident that there's probably not one and you would need to have an account with... whichever service you're using.

Well anything that would sync across devices is going to need some sort of account or login information... So I'm not really sure what to recommend at this point. :lol:

I mean MAYBE... just MAYBE... if there were a software that would sync with the iPhone calendar when you plug it into your computer, but I'm PRETTY confident that there's probably not one and you would need to have an account with... whichever service you're using.
That's why I'm looking for a stand-alone application; there's lots of software (Docs2Go, etc) that work like that, but it doesn't seem like there's one for calendars. Oh well...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back