Is simple repitition enough to carry an image?

I like this one. I usually can't stand angles like that, but it works here. And thank god the foreground isn't blury. ;)

To me, the tilt throws off your orientation to the image and allows it to be seen as deep hole instead of a long tunnel. The repetition and lack of a definite subject causes my eye to scan the image, but always in and out rather than wandering around. Definitely give a sense of vertigo. I enjoyed it.

I'm not digging the perfect horizon made by the top left corner and the bottom right corner, it's just too perfect to make me feel off balance.

For what it's worth: I think your eyes would "rest" easier if the end of the tunnel was completely dark. Instead of vaguely seeing something there at the end, having a pitch black "hole" would let your brain cope with the fact that there could be "anything" down there, instead of trying to figure out what's at the end.

I love the angle and the patterns, but to answer your original question: Yes, I think simple repetition is enough to carry an image, but it's not enough to complete it.

I love photos that make the viewer feel disoriented. Great shot!

I think its a beauty. I really like it. :)

Most reactions

Back