is there hard glue inside the canon lens?

ph0toe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
dropped my camera accidently and this glue sticky residue started to show on my lens above the focus ring and I thought it was something that the camera picked up from the floor but then it is so hard that it wouldn't come out. I noticed its hard glue and was wondering if the fall was hard that the glue inside must've came out?

dropped my camera accidently and this glue sticky residue started to show on my lens above the focus ring and I thought it was something that the camera picked up from the floor but then it is so hard that it wouldn't come out. I noticed its hard glue and was wondering if the fall was hard that the glue inside must've came out?

Pho, how old is that lens?
If the lens if really, Really, REALLY old...., it's possible that what's coming out is Primordial Ooze!!! LoL
I'm not aware of any glue in a lens except the cement/glue that holds the lens elements together but that's not likely to come out!
BUT if it's a Nikon lens, all bets are off, it could be ANYTHING!!! LoL
SS

Is it a clear semi-liquid? The first thing that came to mind was balsam. This is essentially tree sap that is used to bond lens elements that are in contact with each other. A balsam separation is fairly uncommon, and I've never heard of that substance coming out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back