Is This Tripod Worth the $$?

I've heard a lot of people liking Giotto. They look like a good alternative without paying for the Manfrotto sticker.
Here's one who doesn't. They make good ones and they make cheap ones. I had a cheap one and it was a total piece of junk. I've got a Giottos ball head I use on my other tripod and I do like it very well though.

I've bought all my tripods used at a local camera store. I have both a Manfrotto and a Gitzo. Sometimes the locals camera shops have used equipment. I would also check BH photo's used dept. A lot of times you can get a much higher quality tripod for much cheaper than a brand new one.

I've heard a lot of people liking Giotto. They look like a good alternative without paying for the Manfrotto sticker.

They have much more pricey units.. trust me! These are some the less expensive units they make. Their capacity limits seem accurate, even a bit conservative.. and the legs are solid and stable. Please keep in mind I have not used these particular units.. so can't speak for them. But the nice thing is.. Amazon has a GREAT return if you don't like them!

GIOTTO'S-Professional Photographic Equipment

This is also a decent tripod for the money... I got one for my girlfriend: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MKNJCA/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh, my!! :lol: Thanks everyone for the responses...I already KNEW this was going to be a tough decision because of all the choices out there, but congratulations...ya'll have just succeeded in making it EVEN Tougher! :lol:

But this is just what I was looking for, and I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I'll start looking at all these links and making comparisons, and checking B&H and some of the other sites.

Yep, I think I should have this decision nailed down by February.
of 2014. :lmao:

This video is decent...

Last edited by a moderator:
I search here. you can bracket a price and search through many different brands. As said before, go get some hands on in a local store if you can. I hope this helps.
Tripods with Heads

Bottom line, no it's not worth it. It is nothing more than a remarked Amvona Dynatran tripods and heads. Their construction was average at best. Parts are non-existent and proprietary. Look around, there are better pods in your price range. Eingerson has given you a good link to start with.

I have a Bogen Model 3020 with 3025 head for sale. $100 plus shipping

I had one off brand tripod, an Amvona, and it was one of the worst purchases I've made. I now own a Manforotto tripod and head I paid about $300 for, and it was worth every cent.

Most reactions

Back