Jumping right in with some photos

CrewsE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm brand new and have been lurking, so if I get things wrong, I apologize let me know and I'll (try) to fix it.

I did a bit of a photoshoot with my brother and his family and here are a few shots I think were the best. Any crit would be welcome! Keep in mind, they haven't been run through photoshop yet.

$DSC_00251_zpsb63bd9f7.jpg
$DSC_00361_zps1d840608.jpg
$DSC_0119_zpse647065a.jpg
$DSC_0084_zps6a613189.jpg

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum - C&C per req:

1. Avoid centered compositions, especially in landscape aspect, and always consider using portrait aspect for portraits! ;) The image is somewhat under-exposed on the child; proper metering (spot on the skin) and the use of fill light would have helped greatly. Try to avoid crops at/near joints (her knees). A portrait aspect would have worked much better here.

2. Cute, but again, under-exposed due to backlighting. Fill light is your friend, and.

3. This one desparately needed to be in portrait mode and with much less empty space on the sides. Again, fill light was needed and avoid cropping litle bits of things such as her fingers.

4. This is a cute shot, but one which I think would benefit from a tighter crop.

Overall, they're not a bad set, but there's definitely some room for improvement. Read up on spot metering, back lighting and fill light as well as portrait composition and have another go.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

What John said [FONT=&quot]↑ :)[/FONT]

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back