Jungle Carpet Python macro

Ricky Ortiz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
took this today thought i'd share not to sure how i feel about it C&C welcomed

JCP06.jpg

WOW close - great eye detail capture there - really good!
It looks good to me - maybe a little lowering of saturation, the colours look a little overly strong.

It looks good to me - maybe a little lowering of saturation, the colours look a little overly strong.
Maybe a little toward the tip of the mouth, but very nicely done! I like how its focused on the eye.
How close did you have to get to it?

Maybe a little toward the tip of the mouth, but very nicely done! I like how its focused on the eye.
How close did you have to get to it?

yeah i was thinking the same thing about the saturation, i was using a 105mm nikkor the none VR i wasnt that close maybe a foot away from her face i love this snake too by the way.

ohhhhhhhhh, i thought you were on like a jungle trip or something! I was saying why would he be geting up close to a random snake in the wild! lol
I wish I had that many pets, I like snakes, but I'm not a huge fan of tarantulas, but there cool. I have to admit they freak me out a little, but I held a few. I held the ones that give you the itchy hair if you scare them, thats a warning before they bite I think. The only one I have are spread and in a case though...
I have a dog to, used to have a bird.

yeah i have 2 Green tree pythons 1 jungle carpet python a king snake and 3 rattlesnakes. tarantulas are really cool i use to be afraid of them too and their bites arnt really that bad even from the worst ones

tarantulas are really cool i use to be afraid of them too and their bites arnt really that bad even from the worst ones
faint2.gif

I like the shot...the composition (arrangement of the snake within the frame, and nice closeup of its face) and dof you chose

Last edited:
yeah i have 2 Green tree pythons 1 jungle carpet python a king snake and 3 rattlesnakes. tarantulas are really cool i use to be afraid of them too and their bites arnt really that bad even from the worst ones

Great detail in the eye, I like the shot. Either a little more DOF, or moving the focal plane forward might have been nice to have the nostrils & pits in focus with the eyes. I still like it, though.

I have two boas, a king snake, 2 bearded dragons, and used to keep veiled chameleons. I would love to have a Green Tree python, but I have heard they are overly aggressive. Any truth to this, and how do you handle feeding?

On a side note, are you scientifically involved with the rattlesnakes? I'm not looking to start a flaming battle, but why would people keep these as pets? I am a bit against this practice.

I heard that about green tree pythons too. But maybe sometime later i will try and buy one of those. I got a ball python and 2 bearded dragons now. Those beardeds are awake in daytime.......cant really say that about the ball. But still, the ball is awesome.
But im just out of room right now and thats a good thing really, else i probably would have too many pets anyway :mrgreen:

hey everyone thanks for the kind words.
Phranquey- Green tree pythons have a bad rep i have had four now over the years and not a single one of them has ever bit me they have actually been very docile, But I know there are some out there that are down right mean. As for the rattlers, I actually only keep them for a short time i like to photograph them and i put a non toxic paint on the base of the rattle and i release them where i find them so i and other members of a group called NAFHA(north america field herp association) can track their movement.

Most reactions

Back