Just have to show off

Yvonne_Dubai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my adorable little, 7 month old, niece. She's the gift my sister never thought she would have and the two of them visited me all of last week, leaving dad to earn the money back home :) I took about 200 pictures and I just wanted to share this one with you. Hope you think she's as adorable as I do :)

DSC02444.jpg

Such a nice little red-head!
Do brag away, Auntie Yvonne! :D

And when you take more photos of your little niece, try to avoid the bright backgrounds, as those will invariably distract (the eye is involuntarily pulled towards what is brightest) and much rather try to get light into her face. That'd also give the eyes some more "life". Now this is not suggesting to blind her with the in-camera flash. Far from it. But a bright sheet or piece of cardboard could already "do the trick". Though she does have some brighter spots in her eyes, so all's well there, maybe it's just the white sky background on the right that makes her face seem too dark?

Thanks Corinna!! Yes, isn't the red hair just to die for??

I was actually sitting IN the pool when I took this picture. Not clever! :) When you say the bright sheet or piece of cardboard, where do I put that? Sorry to sound like an idiot. I've got some pictures that are better colour wise, but I loved how she was getting tired and was sucking on her fingers.

Thanks so much for the feedback!! :)

You'd have that sort of "reflector" behind yourself or slightly to your left or right, depending on where the main light (sun, light, bright sky) is. Does this make sense?

Yup that makes sense thx. I'll try that when I see her again or when taking pics of someone else :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back