Just packed the camera bag....

robb01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heading to London, Paris and Munich next week. Taking the D90 + 18-200mm + 12-24mm. Can't wait to get some amazing photos :thumbup:

Was able to fit all that, incl. the grip on the D90 into a lowepro passport sling. Didn't think it'd all fit until I took out the padded sectoion out of my kata bag

Becareful don't let it put of your sight. A lot of people will try to snag it especially in Paris.

Becareful don't let it put of your sight. A lot of people will try to snag it especially in Paris.

Thats one reason I'm taking an across the body bag, and I can always comfortably have my hand on the main compartment/zipper. Was going to take my backpack, but read alot about pickpockets and knew it'd be easier for them to get into a backpack w/out me noticing.

Starting to get some sunny days in Europe now :) Not too cold.
Heading to London, Paris and Munich next week. Taking the D90 + 18-200mm + 12-24mm. Can't wait to get some amazing photos :thumbup:

My sister husband fell asleep on a train in France and put the DSLR bag on his lap. Gone!

Don't even want to think about that, I def. always have my guard up when travelling though. Worst case, at least its insured

Sell that POS 18-200 when you get back and get couple of real lenses. :lmao:

It and other superzooms are some of the worst lens values around, but very popular because of their convenience, not because of their image quality.

Have fun on your trip. :thumbup:

yea, its good for walking around though, plus I picked it up really cheap when they had a mail in rebate :)

Good luck on your travels and bring back some nice photos, and don't forget to stock up on memory cards! I hope your backpack is the one where the pocket unzips from the inside because people will open while you stand there in broad daylight,

48gbs of cards, and I'm not letting anyone mess w/ me. I used to play linebacker in college, so some might say I'm intimidating, lol

People in Europe will find a way to jack your stuff without you even noticing, and be careful where you go at night because there's sometimes groups of people just waiting on the corner for someone like yourself to jump. But im pretty sure you know all this so just have fun shootin' out there

Just to balance things a little..the majority of people you will meet throughout Europe will be polite, helpful and trustworthy. Use common-sense in the typical pickpocket/scam scenarios (crowded metros, ATMs), as anywhere else and you should be totally fine. London taxis (Black Cabs) are totally kosher..avoid minicab operators they are unlicensed and uninsured. Don't purchase any tourist-passes touted on the streets of central London or the West-End area, promising free or discounted entrance to museums/shows etc - they are a contrick.

Last edited:
Getting some beautiful sunny days in London at the mo mate. Still pretty cold though. You'll be absolutely fine on your travels...just take the usual precautions. Is it your first visit??

Get a couple of those little luggage locks, won't do much if you get your bag jacked, but at least keep out a pickpocket. Also carry a flash in your pocket turned on and ready to go, if you get jumped you can blind them!!!...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back