just two for C&C :)

Derrell,
I understand he is just a kid. I also know this is a beginner's forum for photography, but there is also an area that is suited more for stuff like this, especially his 2nd photo. I guess my biggest complaint is that he asks for C&C, everyone says they are overly processed, then he comes back time after time posting more pics that are overprocessed. If you ask for C/C, but never learn from it ... what's the point of asking for C&C on how to improve his work?

Geaux, from the time that I joined, he has gotten much better. He has taken peoples criticism, and used it to some degree. But he still likes to do what he likes to do. Don't fault him for that. Don't say he shouldn't post them here. Besides, look at the majority of the other images posted here. Another flower, another duck, another poorly done portrait, all the rest of the over processed garbage, and countless dead birds. Like Derrel said, and I have said in the past, kudos to him for expirimenting more than most here. You know what, he'll grow out of it, he'll find his voice, his style, and he'll be all the better for it.

shmne has always given great tips when it comes to PP effects, and how to think about how to use them differently. :thumbup:

I didn't say he COULDN"T post them here bitter, I was just reiterating what the mod said in this thread about the 'other area' .... That's all.

I do find it funny though that some of the regulars here are sticking up for him trying something different, but I've seen a lot of threads where people bash for not following the 'standards' of photography.

and Bitter, sorry about starting the dead bird thread phenomenon LOL.

I didn't say he COULDN"T post them here bitter, I was just reiterating what the mod said in this thread about the 'other area' .... That's all.

No problem. Yeah, maybe the composite shot could go to the other forum, but I don't see why the first should. Whatever.

I do find it funny though that some of the regulars here are sticking up for him trying something different, but I've seen a lot of threads where people bash for not following the 'standards' of photography.
I can agree with this. I would argue alongside you that most critique here points to a "standard format". But nobody is saying it's only ok for him. He get's bashed pretty regularly. But, he has come up with some nice shots doing what he does, and he has learned a little more about composition over time. I have more of a problem with work that looks like his by people who are selling their services, and obviously have no clue what they are doing.

and Bitter, sorry about starting the dead bird thread phenomenon LOL.
Don't be sorry. I threw that in there because it was topical humour. :lmao::thumbup:

There is a dead bird out my window right now. LOL

shmne,
Nope, you're not tossed in with that...I think you did give him good C&C.

I'm not sure why the Beginner's Forum and Photo Gallery would or should have any restrictions on image manipulation. I thought this section was for Beginners and the work they create, whether it's straight out of camera, moderately processed, or heavily manipulated. I just re-read the sub-forum description,and there is absolutely NO mention of what kinds of photos are to be submitted, or what degree of image manipulation is acceptable. I'm not sure why Arch weighed in suggesting that these images belong in a graphics programme area, when the forum description says this is the place for beginners to post and receive comments.

I had to go back and see if this kid takes any photos without massive manipulation. I'm not going to lie, I really enjoyed your Bermuda shots. BUT, while going through some of the shots, I have found Derrel to be sort of a hypocrite ....

Your work is in a class all its own. A few weeks back you were getting a number of very agitated posts in response to your numerous posts of multiple photos, each one highly technically flawed and very weak. With this new dog shot, you've hit a new high in lows.

Are you serious in these posts, or is this entire thing just a send-up, or as the British call it, a "wind up" ?

:scratch:

On the C&C, being a graphic designer for almost 5 years professionally and running photoshop since I was a kid loading it on floppies! I have seen a lot of work done with PS and the rule of thumb is "Less is More!" Most people jump through the gate trying to use every bell in whistle in PS and then learn to dial it down. I wanna say keep plugging away on PS and develop your own style, people are honest on here that's the point so be ready for the input that you need, sticking with this forum will make you better in a hurry if your open to criticism.

Hey Jeweler, been off the grid for a while nice pic! LOL you look like a mobster or something! LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back