Kane

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was going through some film shots I had taken, and found this shot of my pooch Kane. He is subjected to sharing the pain of most of my photography adventures. Even here, he is giving me that ...."what are you waiting for now" look. We pretty much go everywhere together,except where dogs are not allowed.

pooch1.jpg

Please excuse the reallly reallllly bad scan. Cheap Umax scanner at 300dpi:er:

Yep, Kane (Cain?) has that long suffering look of one who accompanies a photog. Ain't going nowhere fast when in photo-op mode.

Man, gotta love a dog who'll accompany you anywhere :) He's a fine looking pooch!

Mine's great if I'm on foot but he draws the line at the car which sucks :(

great shot... hi kane! he looks like he wants to just roll in the snow, if your gonna take all day snapping a shot....

i love the look on his face...how sweet... good job chiller....the snow is beautiful...

maybe it's me, but i don't see as many german shepards around as i used to.

excellent shot my friend of your best friend ;)

I love it! He looks so warm in the middle of all that snow.

I like having the visual of you guys stumping around together. He looks like a good buddy to have. :love:

Coolness. :D

Niiiiice doggy ...

I'd love to pet him ... their fur is so great!

I love GSDs, I rescued one about a year and a half ago from the shelter, and she is just the sweetest dog! (I found an awesome home for her, btw). I have many pictures of her, but none that are great, I may have to post some sometime though just for fun!

Kane is so handsome!

Thank you so much everyone.
Emily. I rescued Kane from an abusive family at 4 months old. He was beaten, and underfed. The owner wanted him to have that "sleek" look to him and figured the way to train a dog was beat him, so he "knew who the master was" . He was kept in a cage, and tormented daily by the 3 kids in the family. Finally his wife had enough, and told him, the dog goes, or she goes. A buddy I worked for, told me the story, and went and brought him home. Kane is 8 now.

Chiller said:
Emily. I rescued Kane from an abusive family at 4 months old. He was beaten, and underfed. The owner wanted him to have that "sleek" look to him and figured the way to train a dog was beat him, so he "knew who the master was" . He was kept in a cage, and tormented daily by the 3 kids in the family. Finally his wife had enough, and told him, the dog goes, or she goes. A buddy I worked for, told me the story, and went and brought him home. Kane is 8 now.
Holy crap!!! :( Poor Kane.

So, you know you're totally my hero now, right?? :love: I feel like thanking you for getting him out of there. No wonder he follows you anywhere - he knows you're a friend, not a master. :thumbup:

terri said:
Holy crap!!! :( Poor Kane.

So, you know you're totally my hero now, right?? :love: I feel like thanking you for getting him out of there. No wonder he follows you anywhere - he knows you're a friend, not a master. :thumbup:

Thank you terri.

Tell ya...the first thing I do every night when I get home it give him a big ol hug.

Chiller said:
Thank you terri.

Tell ya...the first thing I do every night when I get home it give him a big ol hug.
:sniffle: awwww....you're bringing a tear to my eye! I just had no idea he'd been through all that trauma, and it was quite a shock to read. :)

Chiller said:

That is so great that you rescued him! He knows you saved him, and he obviously appreciates it! I worked in rescue for 3 years (all of my dogs are rescues) and I can't tell you how many sad stories I've heard about where some of the dogs came from!

Bella (the GSD I rescued) was pitiful when I pulled her out of the shelter. Now she's a happy, healthy, well adjusted dog and hers is one of my most favorite stories to tell. I'll post some pictures soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back