Kitty Cat and Cigarette Butts and Electric Meters

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
(Or water meters, idk what these are) I was out on my balcony the other night and noticed this composition when looking down to the street. I thought it was nice, or at this coincidentally peculiar.

_MG_2828.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, that's weird. I honestly cannot decide if I like this or not. So yup, you stumped the band. Whacky.

Heh, I tried to flatten the perspective by using a deep DOF so it would have a kind of optical illusion, but I was already at f/10 and ISO 6400.

Ok, that's weird. I honestly cannot decide if I like this or not. So yup, you stumped the band. Whacky.

Heh, I tried to flatten the perspective by using a deep DOF so it would have a kind of optical illusion, but I was already at f/10 and ISO 6400.

Well no complaints from a technical perspective here.. it's just.. well, odd. I really can't figure out if I actually like it or not, which is just very strange.

Were it not for the table, chair and cat in the shot, it really would be confusing. I once worked for a man who could not take a photograph without turning the camera at a cockeyed angle. I "liberated" a few of his snapshots that so help me, you could not tell which way was up.

Gas meters, BTW.

Ah, this is an easy one for me to decide. I like it. I like it a LOT.

Edit: And no, not just because there's a cat in it :801: I like it because the composition, all the little details (especially the ashtray), the repetition in pattern and mix of textures are all very reminiscent of the late 19th century impressionists, almost bordering on dadaism.

Last edited:

Edit: And no, not just because there's a cat in it :801: I like it because the composition, all the little details (especially the ashtray), the repetition in pattern and mix of textures are all very reminiscent of the late 19th century impressionists, almost bordering on dadaism.
So if I knew what any of that meant I'd love it too?

Good enough for me. Total master piece. Two thumbs up.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Thank you. I did think it was one of those rare compositions where everything is balanced just right, as well as being layered. I'm glad you like it.

This is a really good shot. Really very good indeed.

Dunno about the meters, domestic water meters in the UK are a lot smaller, lòk more like integrated pumps and meters to me but I know nothing about water fittings in other countries.

Yes, you philistine ;)

Yes, you philistine ;)

Well you know we could have avoided all that silliness if you would have just said, look.. it has a kitty in it. Bam. Would have been sold right there. But nope, you gotta pull out all that fancy schmancy diode talk.. lol

Most reactions

Back