Kitty in the window - 5 for C&C

OrionsByte

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a favorite perch for my cat (the bathroom window, above the shower), and this morning I decided to try and take some photos. Obviously since these are all pretty much the same, I'm mostly looking for some general C&C, not necessarily a pic-by-pic breakdown. I'd also thought it would be interesting to know which of these folks like best, and why.

Personally I think #1 and #3 are my favorites. I like #1 because you can see both ears, and I think having more space to the right gives a better impression of what she's looking at. #3 I just like because you can see more of her, and I think the black & white works better for that shot than the color.

Thoughts? :D

1)
DSC_8382.jpg

2)
DSC_8383.jpg

3)
DSC_8384-1.jpg

4) (same as #3, but in color)
DSC_8384.jpg

5) (with fill flash)
DSC_8385.jpg

Bump (sorry, I'll only do it once).

nothing personal, but i think they are not very good. Sometimes in lighting/composition series as this its tough to tell whats going on in these pics. Personally i would add a touch of flash or other type of lighting and work on composition a little more.

The last one is the best. Honestly I'm not sure if I would have known it was a cat if you wouldn't have said so. The lines of the window distract from the shadowy cat.

Thanks for the comments; I understand what you're both saying, and I agree with you. Sometimes it's hard to see a picture objectively when you already know what it is. These were basically just candids.

Thanks again for the feedback. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back