redbourn

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
best-food.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last food photo of the year.

Breaded fish with vegetables and olives.

breaded fish.jpg

I used different lighting and angle in this photo.

Want to shoot more photos shooting straight down.

Is possible for me but not easy.

Either shooting down at food on the floor or putting my tripod on the table.

Can easily change brown cloth to wood in Photoshop.

What can I do about the gray reflections in the olives in my photo?

breaded fish.jpg

Not in PS - but not getting them in the first place ?

Thanks.

Am getting better but much more to learn !

Jamie Oliver does use this type of brown cloth in some photos.

brown towel.jpg

There are two choices as far as reflections: (1) Change the angle of the camera/lights with respect to each other. Remember that angle of incidence = angle of reflection. In other words, if the light is hitting the subject at 45 degrees, it will reflect at 45 degrees; if the camera is the reflection path, reflections. If not... no reflections (or at least not those reflections); or (2) use a polarizing filter and/or polarize your lights with polarizing film.

There are two choices as far as reflections: (1) Change the angle of the camera/lights with respect to each other. Remember that angle of incidence = angle of reflection. In other words, if the light is hitting the subject at 45 degrees, it will reflect at 45 degrees; if the camera is the reflection path, reflections. If not... no reflections (or at least not those reflections); or (2) use a polarizing filter and/or polarize your lights with polarizing film.

Thank you.

The only light I had on was my dropbox. I will get a polarizing filter for my camera.

The lens that I'm using for the food photos is 35mm 1:1.8G

Circular Polarizers & Wide-angle Lenses • Have Camera Will Travel

What do you think about using a polarized filter with it?

Michael

I assume you're concerned about banding? At those distances, with that focal length, it should not be an issue.

I assume you're concerned about banding? At those distances, with that focal length, it should not be an issue.
<
Focus and possible vignetting ..

Which of these do I need?

Apparently I don't need a super high quality filter for close-up wide angle.

Amazon.com : 52MM CPL Circular Polarizer Glass Filter w/ Rotating Mount : Eos M Lens Filter : Camera & Photo

Andoer 52mm CPL Circular Polarizer Lens Filter +: Amazon.de: Kamera

I really appreciate your help with my novice questions !

When I post in beginners, I get moved here.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Neither, they are both too small to use as coasters. Cheap filters can be worse than useless, often introducing flaring, ghosting and other issues. I would spend the extra money and get a good (not top of the range, but very good) quality one such as this B+W.

Neither, they are both too small to use as coasters. Cheap filters can be worse than useless, often introducing flaring, ghosting and other issues. I would spend the extra money and get a good (not top of the range, but very good) quality one such as this B+W.

Wow, 1/3 the price of my camera Nikon that came with a lens.

I have a clear lens on my wide angle lens which cost around $30 dollars.

Just bought it to protect the lens but maybe it is reducing quality ?

Will have to do some comparisons ...

That would be a good idea. Not all cheap filters are harmful, and the environment in which you're working won't tax them overly, but money spent on quality gear is rarely wasted (in cookery terms, what would you suggest if I was going to get seriously into cooking and asked about buying a $20 chef's knife?)

did you get the colour checker passport yet?

That would be a good idea. Not all cheap filters are harmful, and the environment in which you're working won't tax them overly, but money spent on quality gear is rarely wasted (in cookery terms, what would you suggest if I was going to get seriously into cooking and asked about buying a $20 chef's knife?)

Touché !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back