Lee Big Stopper... and Rain... and Fog... and Wind...

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And I got this! I really can't complain. It was terribly gross out today, but my Big Stopper came in today and I just HAD to use it. This was shot with the Tokina 11-16 2.8 @ 11mm, f2.8, 5 seconds, and ISO 400, with a Lee Big Stopper and 0.6 GND soft. I went with a wide aperture and shorter SS because there was SOOO much water going over the falls that anything longer lost a lot of detail in the few rocks that were there. I wish there weren't so many branches, but it adds detail to an otherwise dull sky.

Processed with Lightroom 5, Photoshop CS5, and Nik Silver Efex Pro.

Best,
Jake

I really like this! Great shot, consider it nominated for POTM as soon as I'm on the computer ;)

Very nice shot! I dream of finding these shots on my memory cards...

I really like this! Great shot, consider it nominated for POTM as soon as I'm on the computer ;)

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice shot! I dream of finding these shots on my memory cards...

Thank you! I didn't have much faith when I packed up my camera bag and headed down to the falls, but I happened upon this spot and it all just seemed to fall into place. Glad you like it!

Jake

I like the branches, adds depth

I like the branches, adds depth

I have to agree. At first I wasn't sure, but the more I look at it the more I like them.

Best,
Jake

Nominated for April!

Nominated for April!

Wow. This makes two months in a row I've had a photo nominated... Maybe I'm starting to figure out this 'ol picture takin' thing!

Thanks man.

Jake

Nominated for April!

Wow. This makes two months in a row I've had a photo nominated... Maybe I'm starting to figure out this 'ol picture takin' thing!

Thanks man.

Jake

Jake, you usually post quality stuff. At least I can't remember any bombs. You do a lot with a little sometimes, like shooting stuff in your tiny dorm room. Keep it up!

Nominated for April!

Thanks man.

Jake

Jake, you usually post quality stuff. At least I can't remember any bombs. You do a lot with a little sometimes, like shooting stuff in your tiny dorm room. Keep it up!

Thanks, that means a lot.

Jake

Which filter holder are you using? As you know, I'm using the 11-16 too and I'm looking to buy some filters asap. I've heard the p-series causes vignetting. Nice shot btw...how awesome is the silver efex?! I just got it today, loving it

Which filter holder are you using? As you know, I'm using the 11-16 too and I'm looking to buy some filters asap. I've heard the p-series causes vignetting. Nice shot btw...how awesome is the silver efex?! I just got it today, loving it

For this shot I had the Lee 100mm system with a 77mm wide-angle adapter, and the filter holder with three slots. First slot was for the BigStopper, and the second for the GND. There's no vignetting, even at 11mm.

Best,
Jake

When you said wind I was expecting to see more movement in the branches. How long was the exposure with that filter? (I can't seem to find exif with flickr's new format)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back