Lee Big Stopper... and Rain... and Fog... and Wind...

When you said wind I was expecting to see more movement in the branches. How long was the exposure with that filter? (I can't seem to find exif with flickr's new format)

5 seconds. Anything more and I ended up losing a lot of detail in the water.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the shot, but just wondering about your choice of settings, surely you could have gotten away with a lower ISO and stopped down some and just done away with the filter? It just seems like needlessly degrading image quality...

Like the shot, but just wondering about your choice of settings, surely you could have gotten away with a lower ISO and stopped down some and just done away with the filter? It just seems like needlessly degrading image quality...

In all honesty, I could have. However, I had JUST got the filter in the mail, and wanted to use it. While I probably could have foregone it, I wanted to use it. And really, I've noticed NO degradation in IQ when using the filter. Other than cooling the temp a bit, it has no effect on the image.

Best,
Jake

People are always mentioning how filters degrade the iq. I know that if you look at it mathematically that yes, it does but I don't buy cheap filters and like you I don't notice a decreased iq.

Lovely shot. Now next time go back and pull out those Pesty branches

I pulled out many of the lower ones. I'll go back on a nice day and shoot again, for sure.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Gorgeous. This would be up on a canvas on my wall.

Wow, I love it. What a great shot, I'd nominate this for POTM but it has already been nominated. Great work :) Keep them coming.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back