Lens Question...

I'm guessing your coment was tounge in cheek, I can't tell.
Completely

What would give you the indication that it isn't "...the first time around the block for philaw123."? Because nothing in any of his posts relates to that, and it certainly doesn't show through on his post in this thread. The ONLY thing to go off of is his join date. Now, if you're privy to information I don't have about him that proves me wrong, I'd LOVE to see it. If you don't, then it's probably not a good idea to make assumptions you can't back up.
You assumed this was their first account on TPF.

I did not.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I originally had a long post typed up to try to address each of your statements, but I decided that's not the right thing to do because I had let some emotions into it. I've retyped it, addressing some issues, but mainly to try to clarify where I was coming from.

First of all, my intention wasn't to justify what gsgary had posted. Re-reading through what I posted, I realize I didn't quite make that clear, and I apologize for my mistake there. Let me make myself clear in that issue right now. I do agree with what he said, but I do not agree with the fact that he said it. I thought mostly what he said (though, without the antagonistic parts, like 'dumbest question of the week' or whatever it was he said), but I wouldn't have said it like that. Again, I apologize for my mistake of not being clear.

Here's the thing, gsgary probably shouldn't have posted what he did, but the bottom line is, you shouldn't have posted either. You admit to being confused about this issue, and that you are a film guy. You probably should have just left it to someone who knew what they were talking about. That was the intention of my post replying to you. It's unfortunate, but your good intentions could have made things worse. This isn't an opinion, I'm simply stating a fact.

I wasn't being pious, or anything like that, I just don't like it when people pass the buck to others without taking responsibility for their actions. You admitted you were wrong, that's true, but when it came time to blame someone for the crap that was in this thread, you threw it all to one person, rather than look to yourself also. Then, when I called you on it, rather than see your mistake, you justified it, and even threw in the passive agressive "I'm sorry that I'm not more like you and have never made a good-faith mistake about anything in my entire life." Good-faith or not, it led to the crap in this thread. I'm not perfect, I've never admitted to being perfect.

Lastly, you made a point in trying to say that people post on here to find succinct information about things. I simply used your mistake as proof of why there are better ways of finding information, instead of posting a simple, easily googled, question on a forum.

I have nothing against you, and I mean no hard feelings. Please accept my apologies for the mistakes I've made in this thread, and for me getting a bit heated. Thinking about it, this whole thing is pretty ridiculous. I have a bit of a temper, but I'm working on it. I probably should have left it alone as well. So I will admit my part in all this crap also. There was no need for me to make my second post in this thread.

EDIT: Heh, I intended for this to be short, but it turned out pretty long...sorry about that!

Come on guys .... I do not think this discussion will go anywhere .... but I am just wondering .....

What I should have for dinner tonight?

Espresso Dusted Pot Roast, with mushrooms, fingerling potatoes, baby carrots, in a red wine reduction based sauce. Also, roasted brussel sprouts, with cumin, garlic and a touch of rice wine vinegar would be nice.

I think people have to have more balls and say what they really think,if a photo looks crap, say it's crap, there is too much "What a great shot wish i could get shots like that" :D

Don't you think people need to know what makes a good photo first?
I think that's part of the problem.

Espresso Dusted Pot Roast, with mushrooms, fingerling potatoes, baby carrots, in a red wine reduction based sauce. Also, roasted brussel sprouts, with cumin, garlic and a touch of rice wine vinegar would be nice.

GREAT suggestion. But .... I need to learn how to make that. I am sure it will be better than the burger I had last night from a fast food restaurant.

:drool: .. now ... I am hungry ....

Roma recipe Spaghetti Carbonara. so simple to do. 2 egg yokes per person. crush some garlic whisk into the egg. cut up a rasher of bacon and fry in a tiny bit of olive oil. maybe 80 grams of Pecorino, grated. when the spaghetti (Cecco #12) is ready - tip it in a strainer then straight back into the emptied pan. add the bacon, the whisked egg yokes, the cheese..just fold it into the spaghetti. the heat from the spaghetti cooks the egg without it going all scrambled. awesome.

For starters may I suggest.....

Day old crusty bread, sliced medium thick. Butter and grill each side until golden brown. Liberally drizzle honey over the slices. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and topped with a very mature sharp cheddar cheese. 10-15 seconds under a broiler to melt.

...... and prosciutto wrapped honeydew chunks, of course.

Personally, I'm in a pizza and wings mood, but the wife is making steak and potatoes for dinner... *sigh*

But on a positive note, I have some homebrewed IPA that's ready for consumption. Can't wait to throw back a bottle of that.

And no hard feelings Gaerek.

You guys are making me hungry :(

Don't you think people need to know what makes a good photo first?
I think that's part of the problem.

Yup. Then again, that's why I post things, listen to the feedback, ignore any snide comments, and thank those who are critical of what I post. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back